51. Wisdom Teeth

Today I am having my wisdom teeth out, and I'm very nervous. My boyfriend of three years, Shawn Mendes, must have sensed this. He can always read me so easily.

"Baby you'll be fine. I'll be right there in the recovery area, waiting for you, okay?" Shawn asked. I nodded and took a deep breath.

"Okay. And you'll take care of me afterwards, right?" I asked. Shawn smiled and nodded.

"Yes. You are going to be treated like the princess that you are." Shawn said, causing me to smile. We soon arrived at the dentist's office. My nerves only got worse. Shawn turned my head with his index finger so I was looking at him. "Baby girl, you'll be fine. I love you." Shawn said.

"I love you too. Okay, let's get this over with." I said as I hopped out of the car. Shawn chuckled and held my hand as we walked inside. His touch electrified me but I also felt safe and warm at the same time. I soon had the surgery and was taken into the recovery area, where, just like he promised, Shawn was waiting for me.

"Hi princess. How are you feeling?" Shawn said and asked. To be honest, I was feeling a little loopy.

"Loopy." I said. Shawn chuckled.

"Well, that's completely normal. Rest for a little bit and then we'll go home, okay?" Shawn asked. I nodded and then fell asleep. When I woke up again, Shawn was still there. He smiled at me.

"Shawn?" I asked.

"Yes my love?" He asked.

"Why are you so hot and sexy?" I asked. Shawn laughed.

"I don't know but I could ask you the same thing." Shawn said, causing me to blush.

"I wuv you." I said. It was hard to talk with gauze in my mouth.

"I wuv you too." Shawn said.

"Don't mock me!" I said.

"I'm not mocking you, I'm imitating you." Shawn said with a chuckle.

"Alright, you can take her home now." The doctor said. Shawn nodded.

"Thanks Doc." Shawn said. Shawn then helped me out to the car. We soon arrived home, and I felt tired.

"Shawny?" I asked.

"Yes Y/n?" Shawn asked.

"I'm tired." I said. Shawn nodded.

"Let me carry you to bed, and then you can rest. I forgot to get you ice cream, so Grace is going to watch you while I go get it, okay?" Shawn asked. My best friend, Grace, was already sitting on mine and Shawn's bed. She waved at me and I went over to hug her after Shawn set me down.

"GRACE! You're sooo pretty. I'm so lucky to have you as my best friend." I said, still feeling loopy. Grace laughed.

"Thank you, I'm lucky too. You rest, I'll sit on the other side of the bed, okay?" She asked.

"Okay." I said. Shawn left to get the ice cream. I soon woke up and looked at Grace as I started to cry.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"I want Shawn." I said.

"I know you do. He'll be right back." She said. I continued to cry even though Grace tried to soothe me and calm me down. Shawn soon arrived home and rushed up the stairs and into our bedroom with a bag in his hand.

"What's wrong honey?" Shawn asked. I hugged him as I stopped crying.

"I missed you." I said. Shawn smiled.

"Oh honey, I missed you too. I have some ice cream that I'll put in the freezer for later. I want you to rest right now. I'll come into bed and cuddle with you, okay? I'll be right back." Shawn asked and said. I nodded. Grace gave me a hug and left. Shawn soon came back up the stairs and laid in bed with me.

"Shawny." I said with a smile.

"Hi darling. How are you feeling?" Shawn asked. I frowned.

"Sore." I said. Shawn frowned and nodded.

"Let me go get you some of your pain medicine. I'll be right back." Shawn said as he got up. I grabbed his hand and pulled him back down.

"No! Don't leave me." I said.

"Baby I have to go get your pain medicine so you can feel better, okay?" Shawn asked. I nodded and he soon came back with my pain meds. I fell asleep and then woke up.

"Shawn?" I asked.

"Yes my love?" He asked.

"You're so hot. I love you. I can't wait to marry you someday." I said. Shawn and I have talked about marriage before so me saying that I couldn't wait for it to happen was nothing new. Shawn smiled at me.

"I love you too. I can't wait either, but maybe in a year or so, okay?" Shawn said and asked. I nodded.

"Okay. I'll be the one in white." I said.

"I'll be the one in a tuxedo." Shawn said. I started to cry. Shawn looked panicked. "What's wrong Y/n?" Shawn asked.

"I just love you so much." I said.

"Oh honey, you don't have to cry about that. I love you too. So, so, so, much my love." Shawn said. I nodded as he rubbed my back, and I soon fell asleep. When I woke up, I didn't feel as loopy. Shawn was still next to me when I woke up, but he was asleep. Do I wake him up or no? I rested my head on his shirtless chest and listened to his heartbeat. I kissed his chest. I know how to wake him up! I started to place kisses all over his chest. He soon woke up and smiled at me.

"Hi handsome." I said.

"Hi gorgeous. What are you doing?" He asked.

"Kissing your gorgeous body." I said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. Shawn laughed.

"Why?" He asked.

"I wanted to wake you up and spend time with you." I said. Shawn smiled at me.

"How are you feeling?" Shawn asked.

"I'm okay. I think that the pain meds are working." I said. Shawn nodded.

"Good. God you're gorgeous." Shawn said. I buried my face in his chest.

"Stopppp. I'm not even that pretty." I said. Shawn lifted my head up so I was looking into his beautiful, mesmerizing caramel eyes.

"Baby, you're the most gorgeous, most beautiful, prettiest girl I've ever seen. Please don't say that you're not pretty, because you really, truly are. I love you so much." Shawn said.

"Thank you. I love you too. Was I loopy?" I asked. Shawn chuckled.

"Yes. At one point you started crying because of how much you love me." Shawn said.

"Oh God. What else did I do?" I asked.

"Well, when I went out to get you ice cream, you started to cry, and when Grace asked you what was wrong, you said that you wanted me. No matter what she said, she couldn't get you to stop crying about it, but when I got home, you stopped crying. You said that you had missed me." Shawn said. I shook my head.

"Leave it to me to pull this. Sorry about the crying." I said.

"Princess don't apologize. It's completely normal. Now come on, let me go get you some ice cream. I'll be right back." Shawn said. He came back with a bowl filled with my favorite ice cream. I took one bite and moaned. Shawn laughed. "Is it good?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"It's delicious." I said. Shawn spent the next few days taking care of me. Soon I was feeling better. I'm so grateful that Shawn accepts me, even when I'm a loopy mess.