89. Another Wedding

Shawn's point of view

Today is the day that I marry the love of my life, Y/n Y/l/n, soon to be Y/n Mendes. Before I walked down the aisle, I had a phone call to make to a local florist.

"Hello?" They asked.

"Hi yes I would like to order ten dozen roses for a year from now." I said. They were shocked but they put the order through. Great.

"Are you ready for this son?" My dad, Manny, asked. I nodded.

"Yes, but nervous. What if she doesn't want to marry me?" I said and asked.

"She loves you, of course she still wants to marry you." Y/n's brother said. I smiled and let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding. There was a knock on the door. I opened it to reveal my little sister Aaliyah. She's also one of Y/n's bridesmaids. Why isn't she with my girl?

"Hey Shawn." She said.

"Hey. Is everything all right?" I asked. She shook her head. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"Y/n is nervous. She wants to talk to you but she doesn't want you to see her so maybe you should talk to her through the door." Aaliyah said. I nodded and headed towards the room that my girl was in. I knocked on it and the door opened slightly. I slipped my hand in and she immediately put her hand in mine. I felt sparks shoot through me yet I felt safe and warm at the same time.

"I hear you're nervous baby girl." I said.

"Yeah, just a little bit." She said.

"Do you... do you want to call off the wedding?" I asked nervously.

"No, oh God no. I still want to marry you, I just don't want to stand in front of everyone. It makes me nervous." She said. I nodded even though she couldn't see me.

"Well, how about this, when you walk down the aisle, just focus on me, just me. Okay?" I said and asked.

"Okay. I'll just stare at your handsome face." She said with a giggle. I laughed.

"I know that I can't see you but you look beautiful. Are you blushing?" I asked.

"How did you know?" She asked.

"Because I know you and you always blush when I call you beautiful." I said. My father tapped me on the shoulder. "I have to go, but just focus on me, only me, okay?" I asked.

"Okay. I love you." She said. I smiled.

"I love you too, my sweet, precious, girl." I said before releasing her hand. Soon it was time for me to walk down the aisle. As I stood up there waiting for my girl, I looked around at the crowd. My parents waved at me and I smiled and waved back. I had to think about music in order to stop myself from crying. Why did I want to cry you may ask? Because I was about to marry the most beautiful, stunning, gorgeous, amazing girl, ever. She soon walked down the aisle, wearing a beautiful floral dress. She looked stunning, per usual.

"Who gives this bride away?" The officiator asked.

"I do." Her father said. We soon got to our vows, and the officiator told me to go first.

"Y/n, I have loved you from the very moment that I saw you, and I'll love you until I take my very last breath. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and I couldn't imagine my life with anyone else. I practically worship the ground that you walk on. You are the most caring, and most amazing person that I've ever met, and no one and nothing gets better than you. I can't wait to start a family with you, but that can wait a year or so," I said, causing everyone to laugh. "You're my darling, precious, lovely, amazing, sweet girl. I love you so much Y/n." I said. Next, it was her turn to say her vows.

"Shawn, you are the love of my life, and I honestly have no clue what I would do without you. You're the most handsome man I've ever seen, and you have such a great heart. You're so humble, loving, caring, sweet, kind, and smart. You're the most amazing human that I've ever met, and no one gets better than you. I love you more than I could ever love anyone or anything, besides our kids, but like you said that can wait a year or so. When I need to cry, you offer me your shoulder. When I need a laugh, you don't stop cracking jokes until you can at least pull a smile out of me, and eventually a laugh. You know how much I love quotes, and I found not one, but two that are fitting for how I feel about you. The first one reads: 'And I'd choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I'd find you and I'd choose you.' and the second one reads: 'You are today and all of my tomorrows.' Shawn I will always choose you and you will always be my today and all of my tomorrows. I love you Shawn." Y/n said. I wiped my tears away.

"By the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Shawn, you may kiss your bride." The officiator said.

I put my lips on hers and felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach, I felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks, and I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon. Y/n makes my knees weak, and I'm so in love with her. She's the only girl for me. I love her to no end. When we kissed, it was like we were the only two people in the room. We walked back down the aisle, our family and friends high fiving us and cheering.

Y/n and I soon got to the reception area. Y/n danced to Blackbird by The Beatles with her dad and I danced with my mom to Over The Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwoʻole. Then, my buddy Ed Sheeran stepped up on stage to perform Thinking Out Loud for Y/n and I to dance to for our first dance as husband and wife. Afterwards, I went to mingle with some of the guests.

"Where's your wife?" One of mine and Y/n's friends asked. I looked around. I shrugged and said that I would go look for her. I walked around, asking our guests if they had seen her.

"I saw her go out to the balcony." Another one of our friends said. I nodded, thanked them, and went out to the balcony. I walked over to her.

"Hey Mrs. Mendes, are you okay?" I asked, feeling concerned. She turned to me.

"Yeah it was just getting a little stuffy in there, so I needed some air. I love you Mr. Mendes." She said. I smiled, she smiled back at me, and my concern washed away.

"I love you too my sweet, sweet, precious Mrs. Mendes." I said. I kissed her forehead and I saw her eyes flutter shut. She always says that she loves the warmth of my lips.

"I'm so lucky and blessed to be married to you Shawn." She said. I smiled.

"I'm the lucky and blessed one. Damn baby girl, I hit the jackpot when you said yes to being my girlfriend and then when you said yes to being my wife." I said. She brushed a stray curl out of my face and I rubbed her cheek with my thumb. I know how much she loves it when I do that.

"Come on, let's go back." She said. I nodded and took her hand. When I took her hand, I felt electrified yet felt safe and warm at the same time. I love the feelings that she gives me. We went back through the balcony doors.

"Where were you two lovebirds?" My friend Camila Cabello asked us. We laughed.

"It was a little stuffy in here so I needed some air and then my amazing husband came to check on me." Y/n said. I smiled and so did Camila. It was soon time for Y/n to throw the bouquet. Her cousin, who was also one of her bridesmaids, Gabby, caught it. My friend Brian caught the garter that Y/n had been wearing. Y/n and I soon left.

"Are you ready to go to the airport Mrs. Mendes?" I asked. She smiled and shook her head.

"Can we stop at the house first and get changed so I don't go to the airport in my wedding dress please?" She asked with a giggle. I nodded and told our driver our address. We went home and she got changed into sweatpants and a hoodie.

"You look gorgeous." I said. She blushed.

"Thank you my love." She said. I smiled and got changed into shorts and a t-shirt. "Wow our outfits could not be anymore different." She said with a laugh. I laughed.

"Come on baby, let's head out." I said. She nodded and headed out to the car. We got in the car and started to go to the airport.

"I love you Mr. Mendes." She said. I kissed her forehead before resting my forehead and against hers.

"I love you too Mrs. Mendes." I said, and with that, we kissed once more as husband and wife.