37. He Gets Protective

A/n: Swear words are involved in this imagine!!

I was cooking up some breakfast for my boyfriend of three years, Shawn Mendes and I when I heard footsteps pad into the kitchen and soon felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

"Hey honey. What are you making?" Shawn asked me.

"Just some pancakes. Does that sound good or do you want something else for breakfast?" I asked as I let my back rest against his shirtless upper half.

"Pancakes sound wonderful babe. I missed waking up to you this morning." Shawn said. I frowned.

"I know honey, I'm sorry, but I wanted to make you something for breakfast." I said. I could feel Shawn nodding against my shoulder before he placed a small kiss on my shoulder.

"I love you Y/n." Shawn said. I smiled.

"I love you too Shawn." I said. I could hear him smile. Soon the pancakes were done and we sat down to eat.

"So, what do you want to do today?" Shawn asked. I thought for a moment before answering.

"Do you want to go for a walk? It's a nice day out." I asked and said. Shawn smiled and nodded.

"Sure, whatever you want baby girl. Honey, I could sit on the couch with you everyday for the rest of my life and I would be the happiest man alive." Shawn said.

"Awww, really?" I asked. Shawn chuckled.

"Yes, really. You're so perfect honey." Shawn said.

"I'm not perfect, but you are." I said. Shawn shook his head.

"No I'm not. I'm just plain old me." Shawn said. I got out of my chair, went around the table to where he was sitting, and sat on his lap.

"Baby, you're so amazing in so many ways. You're not at all plain old you. You're perfect you. I love you honey. You're so handsome and kind and caring and smart and loving. I really do love you so much." I said. Shawn smiled at me.

"Thank you honey. I love you so much too. You're so amazing. So beautiful." Shawn said as he studied my face, causing me to blush. He chuckled when he noticed me blushing.

"Thank you baby boy. Come give me a kiss." I said.

"With pleasure sweetie." Shawn said before putting his lips on mine. I immediately felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach, I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, and I felt sparks shoot through my body like fireworks. I love Shawn and all of the feelings that he gives me. He said that I give him the same feelings and that I make his knees weak. We pulled away, gasping for air after our rather passionate kiss.

"That was amazing." I said once I caught my breath. Shawn nodded.

"It was. Come on, let's go for that walk." Shawn said as he patted my leg. I nodded. Shawn already had basketball shorts on so he kept those on, but he put on a white t-shirt. I put on a gray tank top and black shorts. "Ready to go?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Yeah." Shawn and I left the house and headed up the street. We live in the city so sometimes there's a lot of people out and about. Shawn interlaced our fingers together and I felt sparks shoot through me but I also felt safe and warm at the same time. We saw some guys sitting on the front steps to an apartment building. As soon as one of the guys saw me, he stood up. I squeezed Shawn's hand and he squeezed back, reassuring me that I was safe. He then let go of my hand and put his arm around my waist, and I put my arm around him too. We started to get closer to the guys.

"Aye mami what that booty do?" One of the guys asked. I squeezed Shawn's side and he squeezed back. We didn't respond and just kept walking.

"Aye baby he's talking to you." The other guy said. Shawn's arm dropped off of my waist.

"What did you just call her?" Shawn asked.

"Nothing." The guy said.

"No, what did you just call her?" Shawn asked again.

"I called her baby." The guy said, looking afraid. He should. I rarely see Shawn get angry, but when I do, it's scary.

"Never call her that again, do you hear me? And stop saying that fucking shit. It's so disrespectful." Shawn asked. The guy nodded. Shawn walked back over to me.

"Hey can I get a picture with you?" One of the guys asked.

"Are you serious? You just catcalled my girlfriend with sexist comments. No." Shawn said.

"Can we go home now Shawn?" I asked. Shawn walked over to me and put his hands on my waist.

"Baby don't let these assholes affect our walk. Okay?" Shawn asked, loud enough for the guys to hear him. I nodded.

"Okay." I said. Honestly, I just wanted to go home and cuddle with Shawn. But he wanted to continue the walk. That's okay though. As long as I'm with him, I'm safe and okay. Shawn took my hand again and we continued to walk. We soon ended up back at our house and walked inside.

"You okay honey?" Shawn asked. I bursted into tears. "No, no, no, don't cry sweetie." Shawn said as he rushed over and held me.

"I just felt really uncomfortable with what they were saying." I said. Shawn nodded.

"I know, I should have had us come home right away afterwards." Shawn said.

"No that was okay. I liked our walk." I said, now starting to calm down. Shawn rubbed my cheek with his thumb and he kissed my forehead with his warm lips. The spot that he kissed was left feeling tingly after his lips left it. "Shawn?" I asked.

"Yes my love?" Shawn asked.

"I'm so in love with you." I said. Shawn smiled at me.

"Well that's good because I'm so in love with you too. You're the love of my life. I can't wait to marry you someday." Shawn said. Tears sprang to my eyes.

"You really want to marry me someday?" I asked. Shawn chuckled and nodded.

"I really do." Shawn said. "Why are you crying honey?" Shawn asked as he wiped away my tears.

"I'm just really happy." I said. Shawn smiled and kissed my forehead again.

"Come on, let's go cuddle on the couch." Shawn said as he took my hand. We walked over to the couch, sat down, and I put my head on Shawn's chest.

"I can hear your heartbeat. It's going kind of fast." I said.

"That's because of you Y/n. You make my heart race, you drive me crazy." Shawn said. I looked up at him and gave him another kiss. I felt the same oh so familiar feelings again. The sparks, the butterflies, the heart racing, all of it.

"I love you Shawn." I said.

"I love you too Y/n." Shawn said. We spent the rest of the day cuddling. I'm so glad that Shawn is protective of me and loves me so much.