131. Secret Relationship and First "I Love You"

I have been dating the singer and songwriter, Shawn Mendes, for four months now. Our relationship is still a secret, so we have to sneak around in order to see each other, which can be hard at times. I was hanging out at Shawn's place one night when suddenly I became very tired as we watched one of the Harry Potter movies for the umpteenth time. We were cuddled up to each other, my head on his chest and my arm wrapped around his torso. He had one of his arms wrapped around my shoulders and back, and the other was draped around my arm that was on his torso. He rubbed my back and arm.

"You tired baby girl?" Shawn asked. I looked at him and nodded.

"Yeah. I'm going to head back to my place." I said as I went to stand back up, but Shawn gently pulled me back down.

"Stay." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"Stay the night. I don't want you driving like this honey. Please?" Shawn pleaded. I chewed at my bottom lip for a moment while thinking.

"I mean, I would love to, but I don't even have any clothes here or anything." I said. Shawn shrugged and rubbed my cheek.

"So just borrow some of my clothes. Please honey, I don't want you driving." Shawn pleaded again. I sighed and thought for a moment before nodding.

"Okay." I said. Shawn smiled at me and then scooped me into his arms so he could carry me into his bedroom. He set me down so I was sitting on his bed. I stayed in my sweatpants but he handed me one of his long sleeve shirts and a hoodie.

"There you go Y/n." Shawn said. I smiled.

"Thank you honey. And thank you for letting me stay overnight." I said. Shawn kissed my forehead before he got changed into sweats too.

"Of course. Come on, let's get cozy and we can cuddle up to each other. Does that sound good?" Shawn said and asked. I sent him a tired smile and nodded. Shawn got into bed and I put my head on his chest again. I was practically half asleep by now. "Good night honey."

"Good night Shawn. I love you." I said, and then fell asleep. We had never said I love you to each other but it was definitely how I felt. I was so tired that it just slipped out before I fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up to no Shawn in bed. I got up and wandered down the hall and ventured into the kitchen. Shawn spotted me out of the corner of his eye and his whole face lit up.

"Good morning honey. Thank you for letting me sleep over last night." I said to Shawn. He smiled at me.

"Good morning baby. You're welcome. Can we talk about last night?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. What about last night?" I asked.

"Well, do you remember what you said before you fell asleep?" Shawn asked. I shook my head no.

"No, I don't. What did I say?" I asked nervously.

"You said that you loved me." Shawn said, looking me in the eyes.

"Oh my gosh Shawn, I am so sorry. I'll completely understand if you don't feel the same way and want to break up with me." I said. Shawn shook his head, held my face in his hands, and smiled at me.

"I love you Y/n Y/l/n." Shawn said. I smiled.

"You do?" I asked. He chuckled and nodded.

"Yup. I do." Shawn said. I cupped the back of his neck and pulled him in for a kiss. As soon as our lips made contact with each other, I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy, and I felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks. Shawn and I pulled away, gasping for air after our passionate yet loving kiss.