7. Doubts

A/n: Before we begin, y/e/c means your eye color and y/h/c means your hair color. Okay, let's begin!

I'm a very insecure person, and that's something that I don't like about myself. I know that I'm kind and that I get good grades, but I don't think that I'm anything special and I certainly don't think that I'm beautiful. My boyfriend of four years, Shawn Mendes, thinks that I'm amazing, when in reality, I'm just plain old Y/n.

Today I'm having a lot of doubts. Doubts that Shawn actually thinks I'm beautiful. Doubts that he actually thinks that I'm anything special. Doubts that I'm smart, and especially doubts that Shawn actually loves me. I don't understand why he's in a relationship with me. I sat on the couch, brought my knees to my chest, and cried. Shawn arrived home and when he saw what type of state I was in, he ran over to me.

"Darling what's wrong?" Shawn asked. I shook my head. "You have to tell me or else I can't fix this." Shawn said. I stood up, went to our bedroom, shut the door, and locked it so he couldn't get in. I wasn't mad at him, but I needed to be alone right now. "Baby open up." Shawn said when he couldn't get in.

"Leave me alone." I said.

"What did I do wrong?" Shawn asked.

"Just leave me alone please." I said.

"Dammit Y/n! What did I do wrong?" Shawn asked while yelling. It's rare that he yells so I know that he's very upset right now. I went to the door, unlocked it, and opened it. Shawn rushed in to hug me but instead I walked over to the bed and sat down on it.

"I'm struggling right now." I said. Shawn sat down next to me.

"Why darling?" He asked.

"I'm just having a lot of doubts." I said.

"Are you doubting this relationship?" Shawn asked.

"I'm doubting the fact that you love me. Why are you even in a relationship with me? I'm practically nothing." I asked and said. Shawn got off the bed and crouched down in front of me.

"Baby, I'm in this relationship with you because I love you. You're not nothing. You're so special, and so amazing in so many ways. I love you so much darling. Please never have these doubts again." Shawn said. I nodded and felt slightly reassured.

"Do you really think I'm beautiful?" I asked Shawn.

"Oh honey, you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. You have the most amazing y/e/c eyes, and the most gorgeous y/h/c hair. And your lips, God your lips, they can work magic on me. I love kissing you." Shawn said. I smiled at him and ran my fingers through his hair.

"I love kissing you too. You're so handsome. You're the most good looking guy I've ever seen." I said. Shawn blushed and when I noticed this, I giggled. He kissed my forehead and the spot that he kissed was left feeling tingly after his lips left the spot.

"I love you honey." Shawn said.

"I love you too baby boy." I said.

"Do you want to cuddle?" Shawn asked. I nodded and he got into bed with me.

"Hey Shawn?" I asked after a moment of silence between us. He turned so he was on his side, facing me and I did the same.

"Yes baby girl?" He asked.

"If we get a dog, can we name it Albus Dumbledog?" I asked. Shawn threw his head back with laughter and then nodded.

"That sounds like the greatest dog name that I've ever heard. Yes we can name a dog that." Shawn said, still laughing.

"Hey Shawn?" I asked.

"Yes Y/n?" Shawn asked.

"Can we get a dog please? I know you're allergic but there are types of dogs that don't shed." I asked and said. Shawn thought for a moment as he rubbed my side.

"As long as it's the type of dog that doesn't shed, sure." Shawn said. I peppered his face with kisses and then pulled away.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." I said. Shawn laughed.

"You're welcome, you're welcome, you're welcome." Shawn said. "Now, how about we get some rest, and in the morning we'll do some research on dogs that don't shed and maybe even go to the shelter tomorrow and get one? That sound good?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"That sounds perfect. Goodnight Shawn, I love you." I said.

"Goodnight Y/n. I love you too." Shawn said. With that, we fell asleep, and the next day we did research and then adopted a Havanese dog, which doesn't shed and is adorable, and named him Albus Dumbledog. And to think all of this started because I was having doubts. I'm so glad that Shawn, and now Albus Dumbledog, love me for who I am.