124. You Go To His Condo

My boyfriend of two years, Shawn Mendes, had given me a key to his apartment about eight months into our relationship. He had told me that he wanted me to have the key for when I'm in town and just want to come over and visit him.

After not having seen my boyfriend in close to two months, I felt clingy and wanted to see him. I decided to text him before I headed over to his place.

Me: Hey baby boy. What's on your agenda for today?

Shawn: I have a couple of meetings so I have to leave my place soon and then I'm just going to head back to my place to relax and unwind when I'm done with my meetings.

Me: Why do I get the feeling that you'll get to your place and just end up playing guitar for hours on end?

Shawn: Lol you're probably right. I have to go. I love you honey.

Me: I love you too baby.

I put my phone in my purse and headed out to my car. I live far away from Shawn, like, about an hour and a half away. Him and I are both so busy all of the time, which is the reason why we haven't seen each other in almost two months, so I'm hoping that he'll be happy to see me. He probably will be.

I got into my car and started it. Once it was running, I turned on the radio. I left the garage of my apartment complex, and started to long drive to Shawn's place, but I didn't mind it. As long as I got to see my man, I was happy. After an hour and a half I reached Shawn's place, and parked my car next to spot that he usually parks in.

I went inside his apartment and was surprised to see that it looked different. There were new pictures that were framed around his place. I walked over to his white, comfy couch and sat down. I picked up a picture that was next to the couch and smiled as I looked at it. It was a selfie that he had taken of the two of us kissing while on the beach. I set it back down and went into the kitchen to get a bottle of water and saw a picture of us on the refrigerator. It was another selfie photo that I had taken. In it, I was squishing his squishy face and kissing his cheek as his lips were puckered up. I grabbed a water and continued to find more pictures of us around his apartment.

I sat on the couch, turned on the television, and put on Netflix. I put on some random movie and soon grew tired. I turned off the movie, Netflix, and then the tv before wandering down the hall and into Shawn's bedroom. I stopped in my tracks once I got close to the bed when I saw a framed picture of us that I had never seen before on his nightstand. I picked it up and smiled. The photo had been taken at my place, and whoever had taken it and done it sneakily. In it, Shawn's arms were wrapped around my shoulders and my arms were wrapped around his torso. His forehead rested on mine and our eyes were closed. It looked like he was comforting me, but I couldn't remember when the picture was taken or what he could have been comforting me about.

I got into Shawn's bed, covered myself up with his soft blankets, inhaled his lovely scent from his pillows and fell into a deep slumber.

Shawn's point of view

I just finished my third and last meeting of the day. I can't wait to go home and just unwind. I decided to text my girlfriend of two years, Y/n, to let her know that I was done with my meetings.

Me: Hey darling. Just finished my meetings. I'm going to head back to my place now. What are you up to honey?

After about five minutes of sitting in my car, waiting for a response from her, I decided to text her again. She typically responds pretty quickly.

Me: Baby? You there?

Once again, after another five minutes, there was no response. I decided to call her. It rang and rang and rang but eventually went to her voicemail. I decided to leave her a message.