164. 20 Year Wedding Anniversary

I woke up to the feeling of someone shaking my side. I opened my eyes and saw that my husband, Shawn Mendes, was still asleep. When I turned around and looked, I saw that my fifteen year old daughter, Sarah Mendes, was smiling at me as her brother Jake and sister Rose stood next to her.

"Wake up Daddy." Sarah said. I nodded and looked at my beyond handsome husband. I put my hand on his bicep and shook him a little. When he finally opened his eyes and saw me, he smiled.

"Good morning gorgeous." He said, causing me to blush.

"Good morning handsome. Look who's in our room." I said as I turned my body a little so I was facing the kids more.

"Happy anniversary Mom and Dad!" All of the kids said.

"Aw, thank you." I said.

"Thank you my sweets." Shawn said. He then turned to me and smiled before kissing my cheek.

"We made you guys breakfast in bed." Jake said.

"Oh my gosh thank you guys!" I said as Shawn and I smiled. They handed us our trays of waffles.

"Once you guys are done eating, please come downstairs and into the living room." Rose said. Shawn and I nodded and the kids left the room.

"Hey, wait." Shawn said before I could take a bite of my food. I turned to him.

"What's up my amazing husband?" I asked. Shawn smiled at me.

"I just want to say that I love you so damn much and marrying you and having kids with you were the best decisions that I ever made. You're the love of my life honey. Happy anniversary my love." Shawn said. I smiled at him.

"I love you so damn much too. Marrying you and having your babies were the best decisions that I ever made too and you're the love of my life too. Happy anniversary Mr. Mendes." I said. Shawn smiled before puckering up his lips for a kiss. I giggled before putting my lips on his. As soon as our lips made contact with each other, I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, I felt sparks shoot through my body like fireworks, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy. Shawn and I soon pulled away so we could eat our delicious breakfast.

When Shawn and I were done eating, we got dressed and went downstairs, where the kids were waiting for us.

"Here, come sit." Rose said to Shawn and I. We did as told. Mine and Shawn's son, Jake, began to speak. Shawn reached over and interlaced our fingers together and I put our hands in my lap.

"Twenty years ago today two of my favorite people got married to each other and my sisters and I could not be more grateful for that event. So, Rose, Sarah and I wanted to do something special for you guys. Tonight, the three of us will be sleeping over Meimei's house and you two will be going to the restaurant by the lake. We've already made the reservations for six o'clock tonight and you guys will have the whole entire restaurant to yourselves." Jake said. I looked at my kids with wide eyes and then at Shawn.

"Are you guys serious? We get the whole restaurant to ourselves?" Shawn asked in shock. The kids nodded.

"Yup. Do you guys like that or no?" Rose asked. I smiled as I looked at my husband.

"It sounds wonderful." I said. Shawn nodded and smiled at me before he kissed my forehead.

"There's one more thing. Sarah, would you like to go grab it?" Rose said and asked. Sarah nodded and ran upstairs. When she came back downstairs, she was carrying a beautiful white dress with a dark blue pattern. My eyes widened and I gasped.

"Oh my gosh. Is that for me to wear tonight?" I asked. The kids nodded and I smiled.

"Do you like it?" Sarah asked. I nodded as I stood up and took the dress in my hands.