36. It's His Birthday

A/n: So I know that Shawn is in Amsterdam celebrating his birthday but let's pretend that he's at home with you, shall we? Okay, let's begin!

My boyfriend of four years is the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes, and today is his twentieth birthday. Him and I have a house together. People think that we're too young to have a house together but we don't care. We're just trying to live our best lives. I decided that I would make him something to eat and then give him his breakfast in bed. He loves waffles (A/n: Not sure if this is true or not, but I put it in there), so I'm making him waffles. As I was making them, I zoned out and suddenly felt a pair of arms wrap around me from behind. I jumped, but relaxed once I realized that it was just Shawn.

"Happy birthday baby boy. I was going to make you breakfast in bed." I said. Shawn placed a small kiss on my shoulder.

"Thank you baby. Sorry I ruined it." Shawn said. I turned around and put my hands on his biceps.

"Shawn Peter Raul Mendes, you did not ruin anything, okay? This is totally fine. We'll just sit at the table and eat. Does that sound good?" I asked my amazing boyfriend. Shawn nodded and smiled.

"That sounds perfect my love." He said. I smiled at him and then turned back to the waffles. They were soon done but we had to let them cool down.

"What should we do while we're waiting for them to cool down birthday boy?" I asked Shawn. He smirked. Oh God.

"Well, I would love to make out with you right now." Shawn said. I rolled my eyes.

"You're crazy." I said.

"But you love me anyways." Shawn pointed out. I laughed and nodded.

"I do." I said.

"Can I kiss you now?" Shawn asked. I nodded as I bit my lip. Shawn put his lips on mine and I immediately felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks, I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy. Shawn and I pulled away from each other and smiled.

"I love you Shawn Mendes." I said.

"I love you Y/n Y/l/n." He said. I pecked his lips with a kiss.

"Come on, I think that the waffles are ready." I said as I started to walk away, but Shawn practically yanked me back so I was facing him again.

"Babyyyyy." Shawn whined.

"Whattttttt?" I asked in a mock whine.

"Hug meeee." Shawn said. I giggled and put my arms around his torso. He put his arms around me, and as he did so, I was home. His arms are my home, my safe haven, my safe place/space.

"I know that I already said this but I really, truly do love you Shawn." I said.

"I know, and I really, truly do love you too. You're the love of my life. I know we're young but I can't wait to marry you someday." Shawn said, causing tears to come to my eyes. "No, no, no, don't cry baby girl. Am I scaring you?" Shawn asked. I shook my head.

"No, I'm just really happy." I said. Shawn wiped away my tears and smiled at me before kissing my forehead.

"Good because I'm happy too." Shawn said. I smiled at him and rested my head on his shirtless chest. "Come on let's get to those waffles."

"But I want to stay like this forever." I said, groaning. Shawn chuckled.

"I know but I'm hungry." Shawn said. I nodded and we sat down to eat. Shawn took a bite and moaned.

"Do you like the waffles?" I asked. Shawn nodded his head violently.

"These are the best waffles I've ever had." Shawn said, causing me to laugh.

"Well I'm glad that you like them." I said, taking a bite of my own waffles. They were pretty good if I do say so myself. "You know what my brother once said?" I asked Shawn. He shook his head.

"No, what?" He asked.

"'What if waffles are just pancakes that emotionally feel like they're missing something?'" I quoted (A/n: my brother legit said this... wtf). Shawn started to laugh his ass off.

"That's the greatest thing that I've ever heard." Shawn said.

"So me saying I love you isn't the greatest thing that you've ever heard?" I asked teasingly. Shawn suddenly became serious.

"Baby, I was just kidding. I love it when you say I love you." Shawn said. I got up, walked over to him, and sat on his lap as I ran my fingers through his hair.

"I know you were just kidding babe, I was just teasing you. Remember when we first said I love you to each other?" I asked Shawn with a smile, which he reciprocated. He nodded.

"I do. That was a great day." Shawn said.

"Are you done eating honey?" I asked as I stood up and got off his lap. Shawn nodded, so I grabbed our plates and washed them. Shawn soon came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I smiled.

"Did you know that you're very beautiful?" Shawn asked. My smile dropped a little. I'm a very insecure person, but I nodded. "You're just nodding to please me, aren't you?" Shawn asked. He knows me better than anyone in this world.

"Yeah, pretty much." I said. Shawn turned me around when I was done washing the dishes.

"Baby, you're so beautiful and gorgeous and stunning." He said.

"But there are prettier girls than me out there." I pointed out. Shawn shook his head violently.

"No one, and I mean no one, gets better than you." Shawn said. I nodded while looking down. Shawn put his finger underneath my chin and lightly lifted my head up so I was looking into his comforting brown eyes. "Baby please believe me." He said.

"It's hard for me to, but let's just enjoy your birthday, okay?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"Okay. What shall we do my love?" He asked. I shrugged.

"That's completely up to you birthday boy." I said with a smile. Shawn pecked my lips with a kiss. He thought for a moment.

"Why don't we go for a walk? It's nice out." Shawn asked and said. I nodded. We got our shoes on, Shawn put a shirt on, and we headed out.

"Thank you for loving me." I said. Shawn smiled at me as he interlaced our fingers together. I felt sparks shoot through me as our hands touched but I also felt safe and warm.

"You're welcome, and thank you for loving me as well." Shawn said. I swung our hands back and forth, causing Shawn to laugh.

"Can you imagine doing this but with a little one in between us?" I asked.

"That would be so cute. Hey babe?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Yes Shawny?" I asked.

"How many kids do you want?" Shawn asked.

"Two or three." I said. Shawn smiled and nodded.

"So do I." Shawn said. I smiled.

"Good. I hope that, if we have a son, he looks like you." I said. Shawn smiled at me and kissed my temple as we headed back to the house.

"Well, I hope that if we have a daughter, she looks like you. You're so beautiful my love. I know that you don't believe it, but you are." Shawn said, causing me to blush. We soon got back inside and sat down on the couch to watch the tv.

"So what do we do next?" I asked Shawn as I put my head on his chest. He looked down at me with nothing but love and admiration.

"We stay like this, cuddle, and watch tv. That sound good?" Shawn asked. I nodded and kissed his chest.

"That sounds perfect. Today is completely up to you mister I'm-twenty-now." I said. Shawn laughed before kissing the top of my head.

"Oh my love, you're adorable." Shawn said.

"You know what I love?" I asked while Shawn rubbed my cheek with his thumb.

"What?" He asked.

"When you call me love or my love." I said, causing Shawn to smile. He then put his warm lips on my forehead, and as he did so, my eyes fluttered shut. Later on I gave Shawn a cake. Overall, it was a really good day. I love my birthday boy.