38. You Get Jealous

Lately, as in the last couple of days, my boyfriend of three years, singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes, has been seen with his buddy's daughter (A/n: Idk her relation to David), Clio Massey. They have the same birthday so David posted a picture of them together. They were sitting awfully close. Shawn posted a video and in it she was sitting very close to him. I don't like this and I'm getting very jealous. I'm his girlfriend, and I should be with him, but I have work, so I can't travel with him.

I was sitting on the couch with my knees to my chest. Is Shawn going to leave me for her? She is a pretty girl. I could totally see them together, maybe he should just leave me for her. I started to cry. I missed Shawn so much and I don't want him to leave me. I love him too much for him to leave me. My phone soon rang, it was Shawn. Oh no. He's going to be able to tell that I've been crying and that I'm upset. I let the phone ring and let it go to voicemail. He left a message and I listened to it.

"Hey babe, it's me. Just wanted to talk to you. I miss the sound of your voice and I miss you. I hate this. I hate being so far away from you. Alright, well, I love you, I'll try the house phone soon." Shawn said. Soon the house phone rang. Oh no. I decided that I should probably pick it up.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey honey, I tried calling your cell phone but you didn't answer. Everything okay?" Shawn asked.

"Yeah I was just a little upset, and I didn't want you to hear me while I was upset." I admitted.

"Oh honey, I'm sorry. What were you upset about?" Shawn asked.

"It's nothing, don't worry about it." I said.

"Well if it made you upset then it's something. How upset were you? Were you crying?" Shawn asked.

"Don't worry about it baby, just enjoy your trip. Listen, I have to go, but I'll talk to you later, okay? I love you. So, so, so much my love. I hope you had a nice birthday." I said.

"I did. Alright, but we're talking about this later. I love you too. So, so, so much." Shawn said. I smiled. We said goodbye and hung up. It was only seven thirty at night, but I decided to go to bed early. I was just so sad and it made me tired. I didn't want to talk about this later with Shawn, I didn't want to talk about it at all. I woke up at three thirty in the morning. That means it's nine thirty in the morning in Amsterdam, where Shawn is.

"Ugh, why am I awake?" I wondered out loud. I soon heard someone walk into the house. Oh no. It must be someone I know if they have the code to turn off the alarm, but still, who would be here at three thirty in the morning? I heard them coming upstairs and pretended to be asleep. I soon felt the bed dip, and someone put their arms around me. I opened my eyes, only to be face to face with my handsome boyfriend.

"Baby what are you doing awake?" Shawn asked.

"I don't know, but what are you doing home? You have a show soon." I asked and said.

"Cancelled it. You sounded off and you're more important than anything in my life." Shawn said. I nodded.

"I'm okay, really. I promise." I lied.

"No you're not, I can see it in your eyes." Shawn said. He can always read me so well. I got out of bed and went downstairs. Shawn followed me. "Where are you going?" Shawn asked.

"To the living room. I don't feel tired." I said as I sat down on the couch. Shawn sat on the coffee table in front of me.

"Well if you're not tired then we can talk about whatever's wrong." Shawn said. Shit. I didn't think this through.

"Baby please, I'm okay. I just want to relax. I just want to cuddle with you." I said.

"Y/n we can cuddle afterwards, just talk to me. Please honey." Shawn pleaded. I started to cry. "No, no, no, don't cry. What's wrong?" Shawn asked.

"Clio. You guys kept talking and were sitting so close together." I said. Shawn hung his head.

"Y/n we're just friends. You're the only girl for me." Shawn said.

"But why were you guys sitting so close?" I asked, still crying. Shawn tried to wipe my tears away but they kept coming. Shawn shrugged.

"I don't know. I didn't realize how close together we were sitting." Shawn said. I nodded. "Baby let's think about this. Who am I with right now? You or Clio?" Shawn asked.

"Me." I said.

"Exactly. And that's because I love you. Not her. Her and I are just friends, nothing more. You know I'm loyal, I would never, and could never cheat on you or leave you. I promise. Okay hun?" Shawn asked. I nodded, finally calming down.

"Okay." I said. I leaned forward and put my lips on his. I felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks, I felt my heart race, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy. We pulled away. "You're mine." I said.

"I'm yours." Shawn said. I smiled.

"Say it again." I requested. Shawn smiled.

"I'm yours." He said. I pecked his lips again.

"Come sit with meeee." I said.

"I'm exhausted babe," Shawn said with a laugh. "Will you lay with me and rub my head please?" Shawn asked. I nodded and kissed his forehead.

"Of course honey." I said. Shawn led me up the stairs. We got into bed and he kissed my forehead. The spot that he kissed was left feeling tingly after his lips left it.

"Goodnight baby girl." Shawn said.

"Goodnight baby boy. You're mine, and I don't share." I said.

"I'm yours, and I know, I've seen you eat anything red velvet." Shawn said, causing me to laugh. Shawn and I held each other and I rubbed his head. I eventually fell asleep. I'm so glad that Shawn is back home.