135. "Daddy Come Home."

"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?" Rose Mendes, my five year old daughter asked me. My heart broke as I picked her up and brought her onto the couch with me and put her in my lap.

"Well, because of his job, we're not going to see Daddy for another month and a half." I said. Rose's bottom lip quivered and she soon started to cry, which brought her three year old brother, Jake, into the room.

"What's wrong with sissy?" He asked.

"We can't see Daddy for another month and a half." Rose said while sobbing. Jake soon started to cry. I picked him up and put him next to me. I rubbed both of their backs, trying to soothe them.

"Shhhh, guys. Time will fly by and he'll be home before you know it." I said.

"Can we, can we call Daddy?" Rose asked. I thought for a moment.

"Let me text him and see if he's busy." I said as I pulled out my phone.

Me: Hey are you free to call or FaceTime?

Shawn: Yeah, hold on.

Soon Shawn was calling me via FaceTime. I told the kids to leave the room for a minute, and once they did, I picked up.

"Hi." I said to Shawn as I looked at his handsome face.

"Hey Mrs. Mendes. Everything okay?" He asked, and I could tell that he was worried. I sighed.

"Rose came up to me and asked me when you would be home, and when I told her that it wouldn't be for another month and a half, she started crying, which brough Jake into the room, and once he found out what was going on, he started crying, and Rose wanted to call you." I said. Shawn nodded.

"Can I talk to them?" He asked. I nodded and called the kids into the room. Rose sat on my lap and looked her father through the screen.

"Daddy come home." She said. I could see the pain on Shawn's face.

"I'm sorry my Rosie girl, but I can't. I have to work so I can provide for you guys." Shawn said.

"But I miss you." She cried.

"I know sweet pea, I miss you too." Shawn said. Suddenly, Rose got angry.

"No you don't miss us! If you actually missed us you would be here! I hate you!" She yelled and then ran away.

"ROSE LUCILLE MENDES GET BACK HERE!" I yelled.

"NO!" She yelled back. I sighed. I looked at the screen. Shawn had his head in his free hand.

"Jake go play with your toys." I said. He nodded and left the room.

"Y/n, my own daughter hates me." Shawn said.

"Listen to me Shawn. You are providing for us and supporting us. She just loves her Daddy a lot and misses him. She doesn't actually hate you. I'm going to go find her and give her the phone so you guys can talk." I said. Shawn simply nodded and sighed.

"Okay." He said. I found Rose in her room, crying.

"Rose there's someone that wants to talk to you." I said as I handed her the phone. She took it in her hands and when she saw her Daddy, she frowned.

"I don't want to talk to him. I hate him." She said.

"Rose, stop saying that. You don't hate your father. What you said hurt his feelings and upset him. Please talk to Daddy." I pleaded. She finally took the phone.

"Hi Daddy." She said, but there was no smile on her face.

"Hi sweet pea. I really do miss you honey and I promise -" Shawn was cut off by Rose not so accidentally hanging up on him.