187. You Surprise Him At The Studio

My boyfriend of four years, Shawn Mendes, is a singer and songwriter and he is currently at the studio. He's been having a lot of long nights there. Suddenly, I got a text from one of Shawn's friends, who was also at the studio, Teddy Geiger.

Teddy: Hey Y/n, Shawn is getting really stressed out and frustrated. Is there any way that you could stop by and help him relax or something?

Me: Of course! Let me just pick up some stuff and then I'll be on my way. Don't tell him I'm coming though please!

Teddy: Okay, thank you so much!

Me: Of course, anything for my man.

I got my shoes on and went to the store. I loaded up on some of Shawn's favorite candy. I then went to a pizza place and sat for twenty minutes as they made us a large cheese pizza. I then drove to the studio and knocked on the door. Well, I had to kick it because my hands were full. Teddy answered the door.

"Thank God you're here, he's getting worse. Here, let me take some stuff." She said as she took the pizza box. Shawn was sitting on the couch with his back to me as he played the guitar. I set down the bags of candy on the other couch and walked behind him and put my hands on his shoulders. He jumped.

"Shhh baby boy, it's just me." I said as I leaned down and kissed his cheek. He immediately stood up, put the guitar down and looked at me with wide eyes.

"Y/n? What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I got a text from Teddy saying that you were really frustrated and stressed out, so I came over to help my man relax." I said. Shawn then smiled at me as he walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his broad shoulders and rubbed his back a little.

"It feels like I can't get anything right and I'm just so frustrated." Shawn said.

"Shhh baby, it's okay. You'll get it right, I promise. But for now, I want you to take a break. Can you do that for me please?" I asked. Shawn lifted his head up off my shoulder and looked at me. He thought for a moment before shaking his head.

"No. I can't give up on this." Shawn said. I held his face in my hands.

"Shawn, you're not giving up on it just because you're taking a break. You'll get back to it eventually. Come on babe, I brought pizza and your favorite candy." I said with a smile. Shawn's smile widened and he finally nodded. He then looked over at Teddy.

"Thank you for texting her." Shawn said.

"You're welcome. We're all going to head out, just lock up when you guys leave, okay?" Teddy said and asked. We nodded and everyone but Shawn and I left. Shawn then turned to me.

"Do you want to know what might help me relax?" Shawn asked with a smirk. Oh God.

"What?" I asked.

"A bit of a make out session." Shawn said. I laughed.

"Oh my gosh. Okay." I said. Shawn chuckled before he put his lips on mine. I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy, and I felt sparks shoot through my body like fireworks. Shawn held me nice and close to him. I could tell that Shawn wanted to do more than just kiss but 1. We were in a studio and 2. I'm saving myself for marriage. Shawn and I soon pulled away from each other and smiled.

"Let's eat some pizza." Shawn said. I nodded and we sat down to eat the pizza. We talked and laughed throughout our meal. Shawn then stared at me with a bit of a smile on his face while he was chewing.

"What? Why are you staring at me?" I asked. Shawn swallowed his food before he spoke.

"You're just so damn beautiful and amazing. I'm going to marry you someday. I'm going to put a ring on your finger, and that's a promise." Shawn said, causing me to blush. Since we were sitting slightly close to each other, I reached my hand out and put my hand on his cheek as I smiled at him and he continued to smile at me.

"I love you Shawn Mendes." I said. His smile widened.

"I love you too future Y/n Mendes." Shawn said. Suddenly, as I drew my hand back so I could continue to eat my food, a thought popped into my head.

"Hey baby?" I asked. Shawn was still looking at me.

"Yes my love?" Shawn asked.

"Um, so, when we get married, can I, um, can I take your last name please?" I asked. Shawn almost choked on his pizza.

"You - you want to take my last name?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. What do you think?" I asked. Shawn smiled.

"I would absolutely love it if you took my last name. Y/n Mendes. Sounds nice, doesn't it?" Shawn asked. I smiled and nodded.

"Yeah. I wish that I could just snap my fingers and have it be our wedding day. I can't wait to be married to you baby." I said. Shawn nodded.

"I know. I can't wait either honey." Shawn said. Once we were done eating, I smiled at Shawn.

"You're so handsome." I said. Shawn blushed and kissed my cheek.

"Come here baby, come cuddle with me." Shawn said as he lifted me up and put me on his lap. I smiled at him before looking over at all of the buttons in the studio.

"Hey Shawny?" I asked as Shawn rubbed my back.

"Yes hun?" Shawn asked.

"Why is it that we've been together for four years yet I've never asked you what all of these buttons do?" I asked with a giggle. Shawn threw his head back with laughter.

"I don't know. Would you like to find out what they do?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Yes please." I said as I got up off his lap and walked over to where all the buttons were. Shawn put one arm around me and put his hand on my back while using his other hand to point everything out. Soon, Shawn and I left, locked the studio up, and went home. When we got home, we put the candy in the kitchen and went up to bed.

"Good night future Mrs. Mendes." Shawn said, causing me to smile. I kissed his jaw, which made him smile.

"Good night my future hubby." I said, and then we drifted off into a deep slumber. I'll always love Shawn and I'll always try to help him relax.