174. Shawn's First Interview After Your Wedding

Shawn's point of view

Six months ago I married the woman of my dreams, Y/n Mendes. She was Y/n Y/l/n, but when we got married, she took my last name, making me very happy. Tomorrow night I have my first interview since I got married. It's going to be on The Late Late Show with James Corden. Now I just have to say goodbye to my wife, who will be staying home and watching the interview on tv. I went downstairs and saw my wife sitting on the couch. She stood up when she saw me.

"Hi Mrs. Mendes." I said as I hugged her. She hugged me back.

"Hi Mr. Mendes. Are you ready for your flight?" She asked as she rubbed my arms after we pulled away from the hug. I sighed.

"Yeah. I just don't want to leave my beautiful and amazing wife." I said. Y/n put her hand to my cheek and rubbed it with her thumb.

"I know baby, and I don't want you to leave either but this is for your job. You have to do it Shawny." She said. I nodded and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. I let my lips linger on her forehead, which is my way of telling her that I love her. I then heard a car honk outside. Andrew must be here. I sighed.

"Can I have a goodbye kiss please?" I asked. Y/n smiled.

"Yes, but honey, it's not goodbye, it's see you later." She said. I stood there for a moment, in awe of the woman that I married.

"How did I get so damn lucky?" I asked. Y/n blushed before putting her lips on mine. I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach, and I felt sparks shoot through my body. We soon pulled away when we heard another honk.

"Do you need help with your luggage?" Y/n asked. I shook my head but she helped me anyways. When all of my luggage was loaded into the car, I turned to her and hugged her.

"I love you so damn much honey." I said. Y/n rubbed my back a little.

"I love you so damn much too babe. Now go before you miss your flight." She said with a giggle. I got in the car and waved to her. We soon drove away and I sat in silence, wanting nothing more than to just be home and cuddling with her. I soon got to the airport and the next night I was introduced on The Late Late Show by James Corden.

"So, Shawn, you recently got married, is that correct?" James asked. I nodded and the crowd cheered.

"Yes it is. I got married to Y/n six months ago and that was definitely the best day of my life." I said with a smile.

"Now, I was at the wedding, and I have to say that it was quite beautiful." James said.

"Thank you." I said.

"How much input did you have in the whole wedding planning process?" James asked.

"Well, when Y/n and I got engaged we agreed to both be involved in all of the planning, so the only thing that I didn't have any input for was her wedding dress, but I think that she did a great job picking that out." I said.

"She looked absolutely gorgeous!" James said.

"She did - she's mine by the way." I said, feeling a little jealous. James but his hands up as if he were surrendering.

"Is someone getting a little jealous?" James teased and I knew that my face was turning red.

"Listen, she's the most gorgeous girl in the world, I can't help it." I said with a chuckle. James laughed.

"So how's married life treating you guys?" James asked. I smiled widely.

"It's going amazingly. It's great. I think we've only had one fight since we've been married and that wasn't until, like, three months into the marriage. But other than that one fight we've been very happy and cuddly and just always around each other." I said.