45. He's Insecure

My boyfriend of four years, Shawn Mendes, has been acting differently lately and I don't know why, but I plan on asking him when he comes home. One weird thing that he's been doing, is that he won't take his shirt off in front of me. He usually doesn't mind taking his shirt off in front of me. He's also been going for a lot of walks and runs lately. Shawn soon arrived home, saw me, and smiled.

"Hey honey. How was your day?" Shawn asked.

"Good. How was yours?" I asked.

"Good, but I missed you." Shawn said.

"I missed you too. Come sit with me." I said, patting the seat cushion next to me. Shawn sat down, concern etched across his face.

"Everything okay?" Shawn asked.

"Well I'm worried about you." I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Well, you won't take your shirt off in front of me anymore you've been going on a lot of walks and runs lately, and you've been going to the gym nonstop." I said. Shawn hung his head.

"Baby I'm fine. I just want to make sure that I'm in shape." Shawn said.

"But you already are. Why are you working out more than usual?" I said and asked.

"I'm just... I'm feeling a little insecure right now." Shawn said, causing my heart to break.

"Why baby?" I asked, brushing some stray curls from his face.

"I feel like I'm not good enough for you. Like I need to be perfect." He said.

"Shawn you're already perfect just the way you are. If anyone's not good enough for anyone here, I'm not good enough for you." I said.

"No don't say that, you're perfect for me Y/n." Shawn said.

"And you're perfect for me. Please don't be insecure about yourself Shawny. You're amazing." I said with a smile. Shawn smiled at me and pecked my lips with a kiss. I kissed his forehead, causing his smile to widen. "Promise me something Shawn." I requested. Shawn nodded.

"Anything." He said.

"Promise me that you'll stop going for all these extra walks and runs and going to the gym extra. Please?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"I promise." Shawn said. I smiled.

"Oh and one more thing." I said.

"What?" Shawn asked.

"Wear your shirt less." I said with a smirk. Shawn threw his head back with laughter.

"It's a deal." Shawn said.

"Oh thank God. I've missed your shirtless body." I said. Shawn laughed again. "Hey baby?" I asked.

"Yes my love?" Shawn asked.

"Did you know that I love you?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"I do, and I love you too. Hey, that rhymed." Shawn said with a laugh. I smiled at him.

"Are you hungry?" I asked Shawn. He nodded.

"Yeah." Shawn said.

"Let me make you something. What do you want? Ravioli or spaghetti?" I asked my handsome boyfriend.

"Hmm. We haven't had spaghetti in a while. Let's go with that." Shawn said as we stood up. I pushed him back down.

"You're going to relax mister perfect. I'll make the food." I said. Shawn shook his head.

"But baby we're a team. We do stuff together." Shawn said. I smiled and thought for a moment before shaking my head.

"No baby. We are a team but I want you to relax. You deserve it. You've been pushing yourself too much." I said. Shawn looked sad but I placed a kiss on his forehead, causing him to smile.

"Okay. I love you honey." Shawn said.

"I love you too baby boy." I said before going over to make the spaghetti. I was in the middle of making it when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I jumped before realizing that it was just Shawn.

"Sorry baby, didn't mean to scare you." Shawn said before kissing my clothed shoulder. I smiled.

"It's okay. Why don't you go sit down and I'll let you know when dinner is ready, okay?" I asked Shawn.

"No, I want to keep touching you. Can't keep my hands off this gorgeous body of yours." Shawn said, causing me to blush.

"You're the one with the gorgeous body Shawn." I said. Shawn peppered my neck with kisses, causing me to laugh.

"Thank you my love. God do I love your laugh." Shawn said, causing me to blush again.

"You like to make me blush, don't you?" I asked.

"I do. It's my second favorite thing to do." Shawn said.

"What's your first favorite thing to do?" I asked Shawn.

"Make you happy." Shawn said. I smiled.

"I like to make you happy too. I hope that I do a good job." I said. Shawn nodded against my shoulder.

"You do a very good job, my love. You make me the happiest man alive." Shawn said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Really." Shawn said.

"Dinner is ready. Come on, let's eat." I said.

"Not before I get a kiss. I won't eat until I get a kiss. I am going on a kiss strike." Shawn said. I laughed.

"You'll get your kiss, don't worry." I said with a smile. Shawn gently grabbed my face and put his lips on mine. Our lips moved in sync as my heart raced as if I had just run a marathon, I felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach. Shawn and I pulled away, gasping for air after our rather passionate kiss. I patted his butt. "Come on, dinner's ready." I said. Shawn smiled. We sat down at the table and ate. It was soon time for bed and we cuddled up to each other.

"Y/n?" Shawn asked as I rested my head on his chest.

"Yes honey?" I asked as Shawn rubbed my arm.

"Do you really think that I'm perfect just the way that I am?" Shawn asked.

"Baby, you're so perfect that it's unbelievable." I said. Shawn kissed the top of my head.

"Thank you Y/n. Goodnight. I love you." Shawn said.

"Goodnight Shawn. I love you too." I said. And with that, I fell asleep in the arms of my perfect boyfriend.