197. Protectiveness And A Fight

A/n: Explicit language in this one! I hope that you guys enjoy. Okay, let's begin!

Shawn's point of view

My wife Y/n Mendes and I decided to take our two and a half year old daughter, Rose Mendes, to the park. There's a big park where we live that has a mansion on it. You can't go in the mansion, but the park is absolutely beautiful. I drove with one hand on the wheel, and held my wife's hand with the other hand. She held our interlaced fingers in her lap.

"You know Mrs. Mendes, the park is beautiful, but not as beautiful as you." I said as I glanced over her before returning my gaze back to the road. She squeezed my hand and I glanced over at her again. She was blushing, causing me to laugh.

"Thank you. You like to make me blush, don't you?" She said and asked. I continued to laugh as I nodded. We soon arrived at the park.

"We're here Rosie!" I said.

"Yay!" She cheered, causing my wife and to laugh. I got her out of the car.

"Make sure you hold my hand Rose." I said. She nodded.

"Okay Daddy." She said. We all walked along the different paths for a while. Soon, we headed out to the main area of the park and I heard Y/n sigh when she saw the paparazzi. Oh no. I picked up Rose, I didn't want her to wander over to them. We had been having such fun too. Ugh. I suddenly felt someone reach their hand into mine and looked over at my wife. Before meeting me, Y/n was just a fan, not a celebrity, and although we've been together for almost six years, Y/n still isn't fully used to the paparazzi. I don't think anyone really is. I held Rose in one arm and then put my other arm around my wife.

"You're okay." I whispered in her ear. She nodded and faked a smile at me.

"Let's just try to have a good time." She said. I smiled and nodded. The paparazzi were all so close to us, and I didn't like it.

"Who are all of these people Daddy?" Rose asked as she looked around at them.

"Put your head in my neck honey, and don't talk to anyone, even if you're spoken to." I said. She did as told.

"ROSE! ROSE! LOOK AT ME!" One paparazzo yelled. He then did something bad. He reached over and grabbed her arm a little.

"DID YOU JUST TOUCH MY DAUGHTER?" I yelled. Suddenly all I saw was red. Y/n took Rose out of my arms.

"I'll take her to the car." Y/n said but I gently grabbed one of her hands. I didn't want her to be away from me. I looked at the guy that had touched my daughter who is so beyond precious to me.

"You never answered my question. Did you touch my daughter?" I asked the guy.

"I was just trying to get her attention." He said. His eyes were wide and he looked almost scared. Good.

"NEVER TOUCH OR SPEAK TO MY DAUGHTER EVER AGAIN OR I WILL HAVE YOU FIRED SO QUICKLY THAT YOU WON'T HAVE TIME TO BLINK!" I yelled. Y/n squeezed my hand. I looked at her.

"Let's go home." She said. I nodded but looked at the guy one more time and shook my head. If my daughter were older I may have sworn in front of him, but I don't want to use that language in front of her since she's so little. Actually, wait a second.

"Babe, can you cover Rose's ears please?" I asked. I heard Y/n sighed.

"Shawn, I think he got the point, let's go home." She said. She tugged at my hand but I didn't budge. "Shawn, please." She pleaded.

"No, not yet, because I don't think this guy gets it. Please just cover Rose's ears." I said, still looking at the guy.

"We're heading to the car if you're going to scream at him." Y/n said and let go of my hand. I looked at her but she was already walking away. I turned back to the guy.

"Don't ever lay a fucking finger on my daughter ever again." I said and then followed my wife. We soon got in the car. I turned in my seat to look at Rose. "Are you okay honey?"

"I just want to go home." She said. I nodded.

"Okay. We'll go home now." I said. I looked over at my wife. She was looking out the window. I backed out of the parking spot and once we got on the road, I reached over to interlace my fingers with Y/n's but she snatched her hand away.

"Don't touch me." She whispered loud enough for me to hear. What? We soon walked in the door and Y/n said she was going to put Rose down for a nap. I expected Y/n to come back downstairs and sit on the couch with me, but after a few minutes went by, she still hadn't come downstairs yet. So, I went upstairs and saw that our bedroom door was shut. I opened the door and saw Y/n sitting in bed on her phone.

"Hey, you didn't come back downstairs." I said. She nodded. I sat down on my side of the bed. "What's going on babe?" I asked. She finally put her phone down and looked at me.

"Shawn, I get that you're protective of Rose, and so am I, but you could have just said something to the guy once and left it at that. You didn't need to scream at him in front of your daughter. When I put her down for a nap she said that the guy grabbing her scared her and that you yelling scared her too!" Y/n said. My jaw dropped.

"She said that?" I asked. Y/n nodded.

"Yup. I know that you were just trying to be protective, but I kept trying to get you to leave and you wouldn't. She was scared Shawn, and you yelling didn't help that." Y/n said. I put my head in my hands and started to cry.

"I scared my own daughter. I'm a monster." I said. Y/n put her hand on my back.

"You're not a monster Shawn. You just don't want to see her hurt." She said.

"I just - he grabbed her and all I saw was red. I wanted to punch him or something but I held back." I said as I looked over at my wife. Y/n nodded. "I didn't mean to scare my own daughter. Oh my gosh I'm a terrible father." I said as I put my head in my hands again.

"Shawn, look at me." Y/n said. I looked at her. She put her hand to my cheek and rubbed it with her thumb. "You are the best father ever. Just talk to Rose when she wakes up." Y/n said. I nodded.

"Can we cuddle until she wakes up please?" I asked. Y/n smiled and nodded.

"Of course. Here, let's lay down and you can put your head on my chest." Y/n said. So we did just that and I relaxed as Y/n ran her fingers through my hair. After a little bit, we heard a cry, and I went into Rose's room. She didn't look too happy to see me.

"Hey Rosie. We need to talk." I said as I picked her up and put her in my lap as I sat down in the chair in her room. She started squirming in my lap, trying to get off of it.

"No. You scared me today Daddy." Rose said. I held her in my lap as my heart broke.

"Rose, listen, you need to know that I didn't mean to scare you. It breaks my heart knowing that I scared you. But you're my little girl, Rosie, and I need to protect you. So, when that guy grabbed you, I got very upset, and I'm sorry for that." I said. She stopped trying to get off my lap, looked at me, and nodded.

"Okay. But you'll always protect me, right Daddy?" She asked. I held her closer to me and started to rub her back.

"Of course honey. I'll do everything in my power to protect you." I said. She nodded.

"I'm hungry Daddy." She said. I smiled and picked her up and started to walk to my bedroom.

"Y/n, are you hungry baby?" I asked. My wife nodded.

"Yeah." She said.

"Okay. Rose is hungry too. Let's go make our little girl some food." I said with a smile and Y/n smiled back. We then went downstairs and I put on a television show for Rose to watch as Y/n started to make sandwiches.

"How did the talk with Rosie go?" Y/n asked. I smiled.

"Good. I apologized and she forgave me." I said. Y/n nodded. I stood behind my wife and wrapped my arms around her. I then kissed her cheek, causing her to smile.

"I love you Shawn, and I love it when you do this, like come up behind me and wrap your arms around me, but I need help making sandwiches." Y/n said with a laugh. I kissed her cheek again before helping her.

"I love you too by the way." I said. Y/n smiled. Once we were all done eating, we all sat on the couch and cuddled. I love my family and I will always be protective of them.