64. You Get Mad At Him

I sat on the couch after a long day, waiting for my boyfriend, Shawn Mendes, to get home. He soon walked in the door and smiled at me. I remained on the couch, too tired to get up.

"Hello my love." Shawn said.

"Hi honey." I said. Shawn frowned.

"Aren't you going to get up?" Shawn asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, whenever I get home, you stand up and give me a hug and kiss." Shawn said.

"Baby I'm very tired. I don't have the energy to get up." I said.

"Yeah but you've stayed up until midnight, or after, before and still stood up to give me a hug and a kiss." Shawn said.

"Seriously Shawn? We're fighting because I didn't stand up?" I asked, feeling irritated.

"I'm just confused because you always do it when I get home." Shawn said.

"Shawn, it's been a long day, I'm exhausted. Please Shawn, I don't want to fight." I pleaded.

"Fine. Whatever." Shawn said. I sighed. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Your attitude towards me not standing up to greet you. You know what? I'm going to go take a nap." I said, finally and slowly mustering up the energy to get up.

"So now you can get up?" Shawn asked.

"Shawn, that took a lot of energy. Please just let me lay down." I said. I could hear Shawn sighing as I went up the stairs. I got into bed and closed my eyes. I fell into a slumber but was soon awoken by the feeling of the bed dipping. I opened my eyes to see Shawn.

"Did I wake you up? I'm sorry honey, go back to sleep." Shawn said.

"What so now you're not mad at me?" I asked.

"I was never mad at you, just frustrated." Shawn said as he tried to pull me closer to him but I pushed him away.

"No. I don't want to cuddle." I said.

"Why not honey?" Shawn asked as he looked confused.

"Because you got frustrated with me for a stupid reason. I've been up since five o'clock this morning, there's a lot on my plate, I found a leak in the basement - which I was going to tell you about - when I was doing laundry and I'm just so exhausted." I said, tears coming to my eyes out of frustration.

"No, no, no, don't cry baby, I'm sorry. You're right, it was a stupid reason. I've had a lot of meetings today so I'm tired too. We'll handle the leak later, and we can talk about everything else later. Let's nap for right now, okay?" Shawn asked as I let him caress my cheek with the pad of his thumb. I nodded and turned my head so I could kiss the palm of his hand.

"Okay. I love you Shawn." I said as I cuddled up closer to him.

"I love you too my dear." Shawn said, causing me to smile, and with that, we fell into a deep slumber. Even though I get mad at him sometimes, I'll always love Shawn.