98. You See Your Ex

A/n: Saw my ex and oops made this. Hope you guys like it. Also, someone please give me inspiration on what to write!! Okay, let's begin!

I was walking through campus, about to get a coffee. I went into the cafeteria, and there he was, wearing his signature green hoodie with his last name on the back. Who am I talking about? My ex boyfriend, Alex. My heart started to race and I got anxiety in the pit of my stomach. I got my coffee and was about to leave when I turned my head around. As far as I knew, he hadn't seen me. Good. I just wish that I hadn't seen him. This is the second time that I've seen him within the past week, and it's really messing with me.

I got in my car and headed home. My boyfriend of two years, Shawn Mendes, was standing outside my house. God am I glad to see him. I need him right now. I threw the car in park, turned it off, and ran over to him.

"Well someone's happy to see me." He said and I could tell that he was smirking.

"You don't even know the half of it." I said. I hadn't told him that I had seen Alex at all, so he didn't even know about the first time that I saw him.

"Everything okay baby girl?" He asked. I pulled away from the hug and held his hand as I practically dragged him inside.

"Let's go inside." I said. We sat on the couch and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Honey you're worrying me." Shawn said. I pulled my head off his shoulder and turned my body towards him.

"I'm sorry it's just, the other day, I was in the halls and I was about to head to another building on campus, and then I saw Alex." I said, causing Shawn's eyes to widen. I held up my index finger to indicate that I wasn't done. "He looked at me and looked away, so nothing was said. Then, today, I went to get a cup of coffee in the cafe and he was playing chess in the cafe with another kid. I don't think that he saw me though, which is good. But it's really messing with me." I said. Shawn nodded before standing up. I gave him a confused look.

"Come here darling." He said, opening his arms up for me to come into. I nodded, stood up, and wrapped my arms around his waist. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders. I rested my chin on his chest so I was looking up at him. He smiled down at me and kissed my forehead.

"Are you mad?" I asked. He looked at me, confused.

"Why would I be mad?" He asked.

"Because I saw my ex." I said with a shrug. He shook his head violently.

"Oh honey, no. I could never be mad at you. Do I like the fact that I saw your ex? No, but that's out of our control." He said. I nodded.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked. He nodded.

"Of course. You know that you can tell me anything." He said. I nodded as tears formed in my eyes.

"It's really messing with me, you know? Seeing him? It's bringing everything back." I asked and said. Shawn rubbed my back and shoulders.

"I'm so sorry darling. Is there something that I can do for you to help you?" Shawn asked. I shook my head.

"I don't think so. Maybe I should... do you think I should write him a letter and then burn it?" I said and asked. Shawn thought for a moment before nodding.

"Sure. It might help. And if you don't want anyone to read the letter before you burn it, that's fine." Shawn said. I nodded and thought for a moment.

"I think that I'll write it and then figure out if I want anyone to read it." I said. Shawn nodded.

"Okay baby. I'll do whatever you want." He said. I smiled at him and placed a gentle kiss on his lips.

"I love you." I said. Shawn smiled at me.

"I love you too, my dear." He said, causing me to smile.

"Wait, what are you doing here? Is everything okay?" I asked, suddenly feeling worried.

"Yeah, just wanted to see my girl." He said. I kissed his jaw before nuzzling my face into his chest. We had a peaceful rest of the day

The next day I spent many hours writing the letter to my ex. As soon as I was done writing the letter, I called Shawn.

"Hey, what's going on with my girl?" He asked. I blushed because he called me his girl, which was something that Alex never did.

"Well your girl finished the letter. All nine pages of it." I said.

"Whoa. Okay. Do you want me to read it or no? I don't have to if you don't want me to." He asked and said. I nodded even though he couldn't see me.

"I want you to read it." I said.

"Okay baby, I'll be right over." He said.

"Okay, I love you." I said. I could hear him smiling.

"I love you too." He said, and with that, we hung up. He soon showed up at my house and I let him in of course.

"Hi baby boy." I said, knowing how much he loves that nickname.

"Hi honey. Want me to read the letter now or later?" He asked. I handed it to him.

"Now please - if that's okay." I said. He smiled at me and nodded as he took the paper.

"That's perfect, I just want a kiss first." He said. I giggled and he kissed me. He kissed me gently yet passionately. It was a great kiss. He poured all of his love into the kiss. We sat down and I played with my fingers as he read it. He was soon done with it and looked at me.

"Well? What did you think?" I asked nervously.

"I think that you said everything perfectly. This is great. I love how you signed it 'without love, Y/n Y/l/n'." Shawn said with a chuckle. I laughed.

"I thought that it would be fitting to how I feel." I said. Shawn nodded.

"When do you want to burn it?" He asked. I thought for a moment.

"Now would be good." I said. He raised his eyebrows.

"You want me there?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yes please." I said. He nodded and kissed my forehead. He unstapled it and I took the letter into the driveway.

"Ready for this?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"More than ready." I said, and with that, I lit it on fire. Shawn and I sat there, on the ground, in silence while we watched it burn until there was nothing left of it. Once it was gone, Shawn turned to me and put his hand on my knee.

"Do you feel any better?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yup. I feel much better. Thank you for doing this with me." I said. Shawn kissed my temple.

"Anything for you my love." He said, causing me to blush, which caused him to chuckle. We had a nice rest of our day. I'm not glad that I saw my ex, but I'm glad that I wrote the letter and burned it. I feel so much better. I'm so glad that I have Shawn too.