62. You Go To A Wedding

I woke up without Shawn's strong arms around me. Hm. That's weird. I looked at the time, it was noon on a weekend. How could I sleep in so much? Oh well. I got up and let my feet pad down the stairs. Shawn was sitting on the couch watching the tv. He smiled when he saw me.

"Hey baby girl. You slept in late." Shawn said. I sat down on the couch next to him and ran my finger through his hair. He closed his eyes.

"Yeah, I didn't mean to. Did we get any mail?" I asked my loving boyfriend. He leaned forward and handed me an envelope.

"We did. It's for you." He said. I opened it. It was an invitation to my best friend Grace's wedding. She was getting married to her boyfriend Mike. He's a great guy.

"It's an invitation to Grace's wedding." I said.

"Oh that's nice." Shawn said.

"Mr. Mendes?" I asked. Shawn smiled at me.

"Yes my love?" Shawn asked.

"Would you like to be my plus one?" I asked. Shawn nodded his head violently.

"I would love to." Shawn said. I smiled at him.

"Good, because I wouldn't have taken no for an answer." I told Shawn, causing him to laugh. He kissed my cheek. "No, no, no, I want better than that." I said. Shawn put his lips on mine. I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach, and I felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks. Shawn and I smiled into the kiss, causing us to pull away.

"I love you darling." Shawn said.

"I love you too, my handsome man." I said, causing Shawn to blush, which caused me to giggle. I RSVP'd for the wedding, making Shawn my plus one.

Two weeks later

"Shawn?" I asked as I walked into the kitchen in the morning. He turned away from the stove, looked at me, and smiled.

"Yes my love?" He asked.

"Guess what just happened?" I asked.

"Um, Grace asked you to be one of her bridesmaids?" Shawn asked.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Because she told me that she was going to do it." Shawn said with a chuckle.

"AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?" I yelled.

"Baby," Shawn said as he walked over to me and put his hands on my waist. "She wanted it to be a surprise."

"Okay, fine, I forgive you." I said with a smile. Shawn pecked my lips.

"Thank you baby." He said. Grace took all of her bridesmaids to get our dresses. Our dresses ended up being a very light blue, almost gray. When I got home I showed Shawn the picture of me in the dress.

"Do you think I look okay?" I asked nervously.

"Honey, I don't even have words. What did I do to deserve a smart, kind, caring, gorgeous woman?" Shawn asked, causing me to blush. I kissed his cheek.

"Stopppp. I don't even look that good." I said. Shawn's jaw dropped.

"Baby, you're stunning. I've seen a lot of girls, and none of them, not a single one, compare to you. Okay?" Shawn said and asked. I nodded.

"Okay. I love you Shawn." I said. Shawn smiled at me.

"I love you too Y/n." Shawn said. I smiled.

The wedding came up soon, and I walked down the aisle with one of Mike's groomsmen and was able to stand next to my best friend as she married a great guy. Afterwards, I met up with Shawn at the reception, which was held at a venue by the lake.

"Hi darling." Shawn said as he came up to me and hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"Hi honey. Did I walk down the aisle too fast? I feel like I did." I said and asked as I played with my fingers, which is a nervous habit that I have.

"Baby you did fine. Breathe. Look, Grace is coming over." Shawn said as he pointed towards my best friend. 

"Congratulations Mrs. Marcus!" Shawn and I said in unison.

"Thank you so much guys! I'm so glad that you were able to stand up there with me Y/n. I love you so much." Grace Marcus said. I smiled at her and pulled her in for a tight but gentle hug.

"I love you too. I'm so glad that I was up there with you while you married the man of your dreams." I said. She pulled away from the hug and hugged Shawn.

"She's worried that she walked down the aisle too fast." Shawn told Grace as he pointed at me.

"Oh hush, you were perfect." Grace said to me. I smiled. Grace and Mike greeted other guests. I sat on Shawn's lap and played with the promise ring that Shawn had given me. Shawn kissed my cheek.

"You okay baby girl?" Shawn asked.

"Yeah, just thinking." I said.

"What are you thinking about my love?" Shawn asked as he brushed a stray hair of mine out of my face.

"It's nothing." I said. Shawn kissed my cheek again.

"Baby, you're playing with the promise ring that I gave you. Are you thinking about our relationship?" Shawn said and asked. I paused before nodding.

"Yeah. We've been together for four years. They've been together for two. When are we going to get married?" I asked, looking at the table. Shawn tilted my head towards him with his index finger. He put his lips to my ear.

"Soon." He whispered. I nodded, not feeling reassured. "You don't feel any better, do you?" Shawn asked, reading me so well. I shook my head.

"Nope." I said.

"Well baby, it's going to be a surprise, so I can't tell you. Just know that it's coming." He said with a reassuring smile. I nodded.

"Okay. I love you Shawn Mendes." I said.

"I love you too Y/n Y/l/n." He said. I leaned into his chest more. "Come on let's go dance."

"But I'm cozy." I said.

"Yes but your bony butt is not agreeing with me." Shawn said with a chuckle.

"Sorry." I said.

"It's okay baby. Come on, take my hand." Shawn said as we stood up. My hand touched his and I felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks, but I felt safe and warm at the same time. Fallin All In You started to play and Shawn's face turned a bright red as he smiled and I laughed.

"I have to tell you something." I said.

"What?" Shawn asked.

"I knew that she was going to do that.. Play your song I mean." I said with a smirk.

"Oh dear God. And you didn't warn me?" He asked. I laughed and shook my head. He nuzzled his face into my neck as I ran my fingers through his hair.

"You okay baby?" I asked. Shawn pulled away and kissed my cheek before speaking.

"Yeah. I just love you a lot." Shawn said, causing me to blush.

"Well I love you a lot too." I said. Shawn smiled. We danced the night away and soon went home. I love weddings and I can't wait for my own.