20. You Have Another Baby

I have been pregnant for the past eight months with mine and my husband's second baby. My husband is the singer and songwriter, Shawn Mendes. We already have a daughter, Rose Lucille Mendes, who is two years old. Now we're having a baby boy. Rose is the light of our lives and I know that our baby boy will be too. I was standing in the kitchen doing dishes, when my water broke, even though I still had a month left in the pregnancy.

"SHAWN!" I yelled. He came running down the stairs.

"What's wrong darling?" He asked.

"My water broke." I said. I felt worried. My baby boy would be early. Would he be okay? Shawn nodded.

"Okay. The hospital bag is already in the car, I'll grab Rose and we'll head to the hospital." Shawn said, also looking panicked. I started to head to the car when Shawn stopped me. "Wait for me love. I'll help you out." He said. I nodded.

"Okay." I said. I waited by the door as Shawn grabbed Rose and we headed out the door and into the car. Shawn helped me into the front seat and then buckled in Rose, and then got in the car and started driving.

"Okay, we should be there in a little bit, just keep breathing." Shawn said.

"I'll call my mom." I said. I called her and she picked up.

"Hi honey." She said.

"I'm in labor and AHHH, Shawn is taking me to the hospital." I said as contractions hit.

"Okay, I'll be there soon. Where's Rose?" She asked.

"She's with us." I said. My mom and I said goodbye and hung up.

"We'll be there soon love, we're okay." Shawn said, trying to keep me calm. How am I supposed to remain calm when my baby is coming early? Is he going to be okay?

"He's early Shawn. Is he going to be okay?" I asked.

"Everything's going to be fine darling. Just breathe." Shawn said, but I could tell that he was nervous too. We soon arrived at the hospital. My mom was already there and she took Rose as Shawn and I went into a room.

"Okay, are we ready to have this baby?" Dr. Ackles said when she came in.

"Yes!" I said, squeezing Shawn's hand.

"Okay, start pushing." She said. I screamed as I pushed. I looked at Shawn.

"YOU DID THIS TO ME. IF YOUR SPERM HADN'T HAD FUN THEN I WOULDN'T BE IN THIS PAIN." I yelled. Shawn kissed my forehead.

"Baby, he was planned. Just keep pushing, he'll be here soon enough." Shawn said. I nodded and kept pushing. For the next three hours, Shawn kept me slightly calm as I screamed as I pushed. Soon I heard a cry, and then the crying stopped. Shawn tried to look at the baby as he held my hand.

"Is he okay? Why did he stop crying?" I asked.

"We need to cut this cord." Dr. Ackles said.

"Is he okay? Please tell me he's okay." I asked and said. I heard a snip and then crying again.

"He's okay Mrs. Mendes." Dr. Ackles said. I released a breath that I didn't know I was holding. Shawn smiled at me. They soon cleaned off my son and put him on my chest. I cried tears of joy. "He had what's called a Zeppelin knot. It's when the cord is wrapped around the baby. That's why he stopped crying, but we cut it. Sorry dad." She said. I knew how much Shawn was looking forward to cutting the cord.

"It's okay. As long as he's okay, I'm happy." Shawn said.

"Do we have a name for this cute little man?" The nurse asked.