52. Break-up

Lately I've been struggling with my relationship with my boyfriend, singer and songwriter, Shawn Mendes. He's always so far away, causing me to be left alone, without the love of my life. I don't know how much of this distance I can take. Shawn has to leave for LA today and I'm so sad about it. Shawn doesn't know that there are nights that I cry myself to sleep because I miss him so much.

"Alright baby, I'll see you when I get back. I love you." Shawn said as he was about to walk out the door.

"Okay. I love you too." I said. I kissed his lips. I felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks, I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy. As in love with Shawn as I am, I don't think that I can take this much longer.

"Are you okay?" Shawn asked.

"Yeah. I'm just really going to miss you." I said. Shawn gave me a hug and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"I'm going to miss you too. Bye baby." Shawn said, and with that, he left. I went in my bedroom and cried. My mom soon walked in.

"What's wrong honey?" She asked.

"I'm thinking of breaking up with Shawn." I said.

"Why? I thought you loved him?" She asked.

"I do, but I hate being in a long distance relationship. I hate being away from him. I don't know how much more I can take." I said as I cried.

"Well, I don't think you should break up with him, but I'll support you no matter what you do." She said.

"Thank you mom." I said. The next day I met with my best friend, Grace.

"Hey, how are you?" She asked. I bursted into tears again. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"I'm thinking of breaking up with Shawn." I said, and then I explained my reasoning behind it. She nodded.

"Well, I think that you should try and push through. I can tell that you guys are so in love. You're still in love with him, right?" She said and asked. I nodded.

"I've never been so in love before. I've never felt anything like this." I said.

"Exactly, so push through." She said.

"I don't think I can. You'll still support me with any decision I make, right?" I asked. She nodded.

"Of course." She said.

"Okay, thank you." I said. Right now, I need all of the support that I can get. The next day, Shawn facetimed me.

"Hi baby girl." He said with a smile.

"Hi honey." I said.

"You okay Y/n? You've seemed off these past few days." Shawn asked and said. I shook my head.

"To be totally honest, no I'm not okay." I said.

"Why? What's wrong love?" Shawn asked.

"You know I love you right? And that I always will?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"Of course." He said. I started to cry.

"Shawn I'm so sorry, but I can't do this anymore." I said. He looked panicked.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I can't take the long distance relationship anymore. It's so hard to be away from you. There are nights that I miss you so much that I cry myself to sleep. I love you so much but I can't keep doing this. I can't keep being left alone." I said, still crying.

"Wait, are you - are you breaking up with me?" Shawn asked, tears coming to his eyes. I nodded.

"I'm so sorry. I just can't do it anymore. Goodbye Shawn." I said, and with that I hung up.