39. He Gets Hurt On Stage

Today Shawn is performing in his home city of Toronto, Canada. I was on the side of the stage watching him perform In My Blood. He was so amped up and into it that he was jumping up and down. As I was watching him, he fell offstage, right into the area that is before the crowd. Oh no. Is he okay? A couple of people carried him backstage and onto a couch.

"Where's Y/n? I want Y/n." Shawn asked and said. I rushed over to him and started to rub his forehead, pushing the stray curls out of his face.

"I'm right here baby boy. You're okay, everything's going to be okay." I said.

"I have to get back on stage, the fans need me." Shawn said before wincing as someone touched his left leg.

"Shawn I think you broke your leg. We have to take you to the hospital." Jake, Shawn's bodyguard, said. Shawn shook his head.

"No, I need to get back on stage." Shawn said. I turned his head so he was looking at me, and his face softened when his eyes looked into mine.

"Baby, you're hurt. You can't continue like this. Please, let's just go to the hospital, okay? Can you do that for me?" I asked of my boyfriend. Shawn nodded.

"Okay. But if we're going by ambulance I want you to ride with me." Shawn said. I nodded and smiled.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." I said. Shawn smiled at me and then closed his eyes. "Did you hit your head?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"Yeah. It hurts." Shawn said. I turned to Jake.

"Jake he hit his head and he's saying it hurts." I said. Jake nodded.

"The ambulance is on it's way." Jake said. I nodded and looked back at Shawn.

"Shawn the ambulance is on it's way, okay?" I asked. He nodded.

"Okay. You'll stay with me, right Y/n?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"I won't leave your side, I promise." I said. The ambulance soon arrived and Shawn was taken to a local hospital.

"How are you feeling Mr. Mendes?" A doctor asked Shawn.

"I have a headache, I'm nauseous and feel like I'm going to throw up, I feel disoriented and confused, the lights are bothering me, and my leg hurts." Shawn said. The doctor did a few tests and came back.

"It looks like you have a mild concussion and a broken leg. You'll be okay though. We're going to keep you overnight because of the concussion but then we'll send you on your way tomorrow. Okay?" The doctor said and asked. We nodded. I held Shawn's hand the whole time. He squeezed my hand when the doctor left.

"What's wrong honey?" I asked Shawn. He started to cry.

"I just feel like shit and I feel so bad. My fans must hate me." Shawn said.

"No, listen to me. Are you listening to me?" I asked as I got up and held his face in my hands. He nodded.

"Yes baby girl." He said.

"Your fans could never hate you. They're probably worried about you. Don't cry because it will make your headache worse." I said. Shawn stopped crying and nodded.

"Okay. And you're staying with me, right?" Shawn asked. I nodded and smiled at him before placing a gentle kiss on his forehead.

"I won't leave your side, I'll sleep in this chair, right next to you. That sound good?" I asked. Shawn shook his head.

"Lay in the bed with me, it'll be more comfortable." Shawn said.

"Are you sure?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"I'm positive hun." Shawn said. I nodded, and that night I slept in the hospital bed with Shawn. The next morning I woke up before he did, and I felt hungry. I wanted to wait until he woke up before I went and got food though. He soon woke up and smiled at me.

"Good morning handsome." I said.

"Good morning beautiful. You're so pretty." Shawn said as he studied my face, causing me to blush, which caused him to chuckle.

"Thank you honey. Let me go let the doctor know that you're awake, okay?" I asked Shawn. He nodded.

"Okay." He said. I told the doctor know that he was awake and she went in to see him.

"Alright Mr. Mendes, you're all set to go." She said. We nodded and were soon able to leave and head back to Shawn's place. He was on crutches, which frustrated him.

"You'll be okay honey, just give yourself time to heal." I said as I could tell that his frustration level was rising. He nodded.

"I know. Can I go lay down?" Shawn asked. I went up to him and gently kissed his lips.

"Of course. Do you want me to lay with you?" I said and asked. Shawn nodded.

"Yes please." Shawn said. We went into his bedroom and laid down. "Can I put my head on your chest?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Of course Shawn. You can always put your head on my chest." I said with a smile. Shawn smiled at me and then placed his head on my chest. I massaged his head. The rest of Shawn's shows were canceled, which Shawn didn't like, but it had to be done in order for him to get better. Shawn soon got better and some of his shows were resumed. I'll always be there to take care of my man.