151. Your Oldest Child Graduates High School

A/n: Okay, so I know that it's January, but let's pretend that it's June, okay? I hope that you guys enjoy this imagine. Okay, let's begin!

Shawn's point of view

About eighteen years ago, my wife of now twenty two years,, Y/n Mendes, gave birth to our first child and first daughter, Rose Lucille Mendes. Today, my little Rosie girl is going to graduate from high school. I can't believe it. She's really growing up. It feels like just yesterday I was holding her very soon after she was born. I smiled at the memory.

"What are you smiling about Mr. Mendes?" Y/n, my wife asked me. I looked at her and my eyes widened. Of course we had all gotten dressed up for Rose's graduation, and my wife was wearing a simple beige dress, and she looked gorgeous. I was wearing a red button down shirt and black dress pants.

"Wow Mrs. Mendes, you look gorgeous." I said. Y/n blushed, causing me to chuckle.

"Thank you. You look so handsome Shawny. Now what were you smiling about?" Y/n asked me again. I wrapped my arms around Y/n's waist and she wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

"I was thinking about when I held Rose for the first time." I said. Y/n smiled and nodded.

"And now she's graduating from high school and in the fall she'll be off to college." Y/n said. I groaned, making my wife laugh.

"Don't remind me. I already feel old." I said. Y/n brushed some hair out of my face.

"Well Shawn, you don't look a day over twenty two." Y/n said. I smiled at her.

"Thank you baby. Same goes for you." I said. Y/n blushed. Soon, we heard footsteps coming down the stairs and we unwrapped our arms from around each other. Rose came down the stairs wearing a short, but not too short, light pink dress. Tears formed in my eyes.

"Hi Mom. Hi Daddy. Daddy, why do you do you look like you're going to cry?" Rose asked, a sudden look of concern etched across her face.

"Because you look so beautiful and my little Rosie girl is growing up." I said. Rose immediately took a few steps closer to me and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her tight - but not too tight - held her close to me.

"Don't worry Daddy, I'll always be your little girl." She said. I rubbed her back. Unbeknownst to Rose and I, Y/n took a picture of us. We didn't know until we heard the click of Y/n camera on her phone. Rose and I looked at Y/n, whose face was red, and laughed.

"It was just such a cute moment, I had to take a picture." Y/n said. I nodded. "Okay, now keep holding each other like that but look at the camera and smile." Y/n instructed. Rose and I did as told and we took some pictures. Soon, it was time to leave.

"Oh! I almost forgot my cap and gown!" Rose said.

"We'll meet you in the car!" I yelled. Rose nodded. Rose's sixteen year old brother, Jake, was in car, and so was Rose's fourteen year old sister, Sarah Grace. We were all dressed nicely and appropriately. Y/n sat in the back and Rose hopped into the passenger seat. She looked like she was trying to hide her graduation cap.

"Listen Daddy, I don't want you to see my graduation cap until the ceremony. But you're going to absolutely love how I decorated it." Rose said. I nodded.

"Okay. Whatever you say sweet pea." I said with a smile. Rose laughed. Soon, we dropped Rose off where she needed to be and I went with my wife and Jake and Sarah Grace into the stands to find a seat. Soon, we saw Rose in her cap and gown. Tears formed in my eyes again and Y/n squeezed my hand.

"Look at her, oh my gosh, all grown up." Y/n said. I nodded and squeezed Y/n's hand back. Soon, Rose was lined up to cross the stage and her name was called by the superintendent.

"Rose Lucille Mendes." The superintendent said. I stood up and cheered.

"WOOO!" I yelled. Y/n, my kids, and Rose's aunts, uncles, and grandparents, all cheered, but I cheered the loudest. After the ceremony, we all met up with Rose on the football field.

"Daddy!" Rose yelled. I smiled as she came running into my arms.

"Hi sweet pea! Congratulations!" I said.

"Thank you." She said before going to hug her mother and the rest of her family.

"Rosie girl, I want to see how you decorated your graduation cap." I said. She walked back over to me and I laughed when she showed me that her cap said "STUDIED LIKE GRANGER" and had a picture of Hermione Granger raising her hand.

"Do you like it?" She asked. I nodded.

"I love it. I've taught you well." I said. Rose laughed.

"Okay, picture time!" Y/n said. We took group pictures and pictures of Rose with each of us alone. When it was my turn to take pictures with her, I got an idea. I scooped Rose up so I was holding her bridal style, causing her to squeal, which caused me to laugh.

"I want to post a picture of me holding you like this when you were a baby, so I figured that we would do a past and present picture." I explained. Rose smiled and held up her diploma as we smiled at the camera. Later on, we went home and I posted a picture of me holding Rose soon after she was born, and the picture of me holding her from her graduation. I wrote the caption.

"Today my first born, my little Rosie girl, graduated from high school. It feels like just yesterday I was holding her less than an hour after she was born. Congratulations, my sweet girl. I'm so beyond proud of you. Just like you wrote on your graduation cap, you did indeed study like Granger. You've always worked hard with everything that you do. I love you honey, and I know that you're going to do great at college and at everything you do in your future." I wrote. Soon, Rose came downstairs, where Y/n and I were. We were all wearing more comfortable clothing now. Rose came over to me, sat down on the couch, and hugged me.

"Thank you for the post Daddy. I love you." She said.

"You're welcome. I love you too honey. Do you want to watch tv with your mom and I?" I asked. She smiled and nodded. After a few months, Y/n and I helped Rose move into her dorm room. When we finished up, her dorm room looked wonderful and I had tears in my eyes.

"Don't cry Dad. I promise that I'll come home and visit." Rose said. I pulled her in for a hug and she hugged back. I kissed the top of her head and rubbed her back.

"I'm going to miss having you at home. Don't forget to call every night and if there's a problem -" I started to say before Rose cut me off.

"I know Daddy, I'll call you or mom as soon as possible if there's a problem. Don't worry dad, I'll be fine." She said. I nodded and released her from the hug. We soon said goodbye, and Y/n and I drove home.

"Don't worry Shawn. She's a good, strong, smart, girl. She's going to be fine." Y/n said. I nodded. Sure enough, Rose called every night like she promised, and she came home to visit whenever she could. I'm one proud father.