60. He Finds You Crying

"Shawn, Shawn." I cried. This is how I fall asleep most nights that my boyfriend, singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes, is away. I cry myself to sleep because I'm not in his arms and he's so far away. It was nighttime and I was in bed when the spell of sadness hit me like a wave, and suddenly it was like I was drowning in the sadness. I couldn't sleep and I kept drowning in the sadness. Ugh. I hope that I can fall asleep and get rid of this sadness.

Shawn's point of view

I drove up to my house during the night. My girlfriend of three years, Y/n, has no clue that I'm coming home. I parked my jeep, JBone, in the garage and headed inside the house. Considering the fact that it's nighttime, I don't suspect that my girlfriend will be awake. She's probably in bed, asleep. I'll just surprise her in the morning when she wakes up to me being in the house.

I dropped my luggage on the couch in our living room and headed up the stairs when suddenly I heard my girlfriend crying my name. I ran up the stairs only to find her laying in bed, her back to me, her hands covering her face as she wept.

"Baby? What's wrong?" I asked. She whirled around so she was facing me, got up, and ran over to me as she continued to cry.

"Shawn! You're home!" She said. I nodded. The tears slowed down.

"Yeah. Why are you crying pretty girl?" I asked.

"It's nothing, don't worry about it, let's just cuddle." She said as her tears stopped. I shook my head.

"No, you were crying out my name. What's wrong darling?" I asked again. She shook her head and her lip quivered.

"I don't want to tell you. It'll get me worked up." She said.

"So what? I'll be right here to comfort you. Let me go get you some cold water and then we'll talk, okay?" I said and asked. She nodded.

"Okay." She said. I ran down stairs, grabbed her a bottle of water, and ran back up the stairs. I needed to know what was going on. What could have had her so upset? She was sitting on the bed, her back leaning against the headboard, and she was playing with her fingers when I walked back in. I gave her the water and sat down on my side of the bed.

"Now, will you please tell me what's wrong?" I asked. She paused, but finally nodded.

"Okay. Um, so, I've never told you this before, but I get really sad when you go away." She said.

"I know that, you've told me that you get sad when I'm away." I said.

"But I've never told you how sad I get." She said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Sometimes... sometimes I cry myself to sleep because it's almost too much pain. I just miss you so much when you're away. I love you so much and you're the love of my life and I hate being away from you so much." Y/n said. My heart broke.

"Oh baby, come here." I said as I pulled her onto my lap. She rested her head against my shoulder.

"I'm really sorry." She said.

"Why are you sorry honey?" I asked, feeling confused.

"Because you came home to me being a complete and utter mess. Ugh I hate being sad. It's like, I'm fine one minute, and then I think about the fact that you're away and then it's like I'm drowning in sadness." She said. I rubbed her back and rested my head against hers.

"Oh honey, you were just sad, and I'm really sorry that you felt that way. Do you want me to stay home more?" I asked. She picked her head up before shaking her head no.

"No, you're living your dream and that's all that matters." She said.

"No baby, you are all that matters." I said. She smiled at me and pecked my lips. "I haven't kissed you in a long time, I need to get a better kiss than that." I said. She giggled and put her lips on mine. Our lips moved in sync as butterflies erupt and flew around in my stomach, sparks shot through me like fireworks, and my heart raced as if I had just ran a marathon. She smiled into the kiss, which made me smile, causing us to pull away. She sat so her butt was still in my lap but she had a leg on each side of me, straddling me.

"You make me so happy Shawn." She said.

"I feel like I make you sad." I said. Y/n frowned.

"Why baby boy?" She asked.

"Because you cry about me being away and I feel like I should be home more." I said.

"Oh honey, you make me the happiest woman alive. You spoil me rotten even though I don't deserve it -" She said before I cut her off.

"Stop, no, you deserve the world and more." I said. She brought her hand to my face and rubbed my cheek.

"Either way, you make me very happy. Please don't ever think otherwise Shawny. Okay?" She said and asked. I nodded.

"Okay. I love you." I said. She smiled at me.

"I love you too, my dear. How long are you home for?" She asked.

"I'm home until the twenty-ninth, so you're stuck with me for a whole fifteen days." I said with a smirk. Her face lit up.

"Really? You're home for that long?" She asked with a smile on her face. I laughed and nodded my head.

"Yup." I said. She hugged me.

"Oh Shawn that makes me so happy. And then, once the festivals are over, I get you for five whole months!" She said as she pulled away from our hug but still kept her hands on my face. I nodded.

"You do. I can't wait my beautiful baby girl." I said. She blushed.

"Neither can I, my love. Now come on, let's cuddle and get some rest." She said. I nodded as she got off of me and we laid down. I laid on my back as her head rested on my chest. Although I'm not glad that she was crying, I'm glad that she told me about what was going on. Hopefully I can help her. I love her to no end, and that's how it will always be.