49. You Want A Baby

"Hey honey?" My husband of one year, Shawn Mendes, asked me as he walked up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Yes my love?" I asked as I wrapped my arms around his neck loosley.

"Do you want to go to the park? It's a really nice day out." Shawn asked and said. I nodded and gave a quick kiss.

"Sure. As long as I'm with you, I'm happy." I said. Shawn smiled his million dollar smile at me and patted my butt - he likes to do that sometimes.

"Okay. Come on, let's go." Shawn said excitedly. I giggled as he took my hand and we ran up the stairs. Shawn threw a white shirt on which matched his white shorts, and I put on a pink tank top and white shorts. Shawn walked over to me from behind as I was doing my hair, and kissed my bare shoulder. "You look beautiful my love." Shawn said. I blushed.

"Thank you baby. You don't look too bad yourself." I said as I turned around. Shawn was blushing, causing me to giggle.

"There's a part of me that just wants to stay home with you and cuddle but it's so nice out that I want to take advantage of it." Shawn said.

"Let's go out, it's going to be fun." I said with a smile. Shawn smiled and nodded before kissing my forehead. The spot that he kissed was left feeling tingly after his lips left it. Shawn and I drove to the park and got out of the car. Shawn reached out for my hand, and as he took it, I felt sparks shoot through me but I felt safe and warm too.

"Y/n?" Shawn asked.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I love holding your hand." Shawn said. I smiled as he kissed the back of my hand.

"Well that's good because I love holding your hand too. I love doing anything with you." I said. Shawn smirked. "Oh God. What are you thinking?" I asked.

"So does that mean that you love to have sex with me?" Shawn asked. I swatted at his chest.

"Shawn! Stop that! But yes, I do." I said while blushing. Shawn laughed.

"Hey listen, I was just curious." Shawn said. I nodded.

"I love you Shawn." I said as we sat down on a bench.

"I love you too." Shawn said. I rested my head on his shoulder. Soon, a couple with a baby walked by.

"Awww so cute. What's this little one's name?" I asked the parents.

"Emma. She's seven months old." The dad said.

"She's adorable." Shawn said.

"Thank you. Have a nice day!" The mother said.

"You too." Shawn and I said.

"Oh my gosh Shawn that baby was so cute." I said. Shawn laughed.

"She was." Shawn said. I leaned my head on his shoulder again and closed my eyes when suddenly a thought popped into my head.

"Shawn?" I asked. He rubbed my shoulder with his thumb and looked at me with nothing but love and adoration.

"Yes love?" Shawn asked.

"Do you think we'll ever have babies?" I asked.

"We've already talked about having babies. We both want two or three, remember?" Shawn said and asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. But when do you think we'll have a baby?" I asked. Shawn thought for a moment.

"When do you want a baby?" He asked.

"Soon. Like, as soon as possible." I said. Shawn nodded. "Do you not want a baby anymore?" I asked, sitting up and feeling nervous.

"No, no, I do want a baby, I've just been so busy with work lately that I don't know when would be a good time to have a baby." Shawn said. I nodded, feeling a little hurt. "Unless..." Shawn started.

"Unless what?" I asked.

"Unless I put work on hold and then we have a baby. What do you think about that my love?" Shawn asked.

"Really?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"Really." Shawn said.

"That sounds perfect. Shawn are we saying that we want to have a baby?" I asked. Shawn smiled and nodded.

"I think that we are." Shawn said. Tears sprang to my eyes and I smiled.

"Want to go home and make a baby?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"Definitely. Come on, let's get going." Shawn said. We went home and made love. Nine months later, Rose Lucille Mendes was born. I'm so glad that Shawn put work on hold.