We Belong Together(Soulmate AU)

A/n: Y/n and Mattheo are soulmates and best friends but she never showed him her tattoo that matches his because she was afraid of it ruining their friendship. But then she gets the shocking news. Her best friend, soulmate, and crush is engaged to her best girl friend. Then something happens.

Y/n POV

I just got an invitation. It's for Layla's wedding. I knew she had a boyfriend but I haven't actually seen her in a few years. We stay in touch through letters. I also got a letter from my best friend, Mattheo. Just as I was about to open it, there was a knock at my door. I look at the door and find my slightly older brother standing there.

"Oh, hey Enzo," I say to him. He has this stupid smirk on his face.

"What?" I ask, completely clueless as to what he knows.

"Guess who is getting married?" Lorenzo says in a teasing voice. I shrug and he chuckles.

"Mr. Mattho Riddle is marrying Layla Marrow." He says and I froze at the sound of my soulmate's name and my friend's name.

"No. you're lying. They can't be. It can't be true because he's-" I stop, remembering the invitation. I rip it open and see the proof. My eyes start to water and then one tear rolls down my face.

"Sis, are you alright?" Enzo asks in a concerned voice. I shake my head and break down.

"No. Mattheo's my soulmate but he doesn't know. WHAT DO I DO, ENZO?!" I say while crying. Enzo hugs me.

Timeskip

I was sitting in the front pew of the place where their wedding was. I saw Mattheo enter and tears came to my eyes. His sleeve went up a bit and I could see the tattoo that matched mine. But I put on a fake smile.

About ten minutes later, Layla comes walking down the aisle. When she says I do, our friendship breaks. I know all of her exs from school but yet she never mentioned being into Mattheo. The officiator asks Mattheo if he would take Layla. He looked over at me, but couldn't hold it in anymore, I gave him a fake smile, got up and walked out. Well, more like running out. I got outside and found a willow tree with long hanging branches to hide in. So, I hid and waited for Lorenzo to come find me and take me home.

Mattheo POV

Why did Y/n run out? Wait, why am I marrying Layla? Oh, yeah, cuz my father asked me so we can keep the bloodline pure. I asked him if I could marry Y/n but he just stayed silent, as if he didn't even hear me ask. Well, now I am being forced to marry Layla. She's nice but not as nice as Y/n. Y/n is everything. You know what, f*ck my father, I'm going after Y/n.

"No. I'm sorry Layla but I will not marry you. Goodbye." after I said that, I ran out of the building and went to look for Y/n

Timeskip

I still haven't found her and it's been hours. Wait, there's a hiding tree. Maybe she's there. When I got there, I heard sobbing. I went through the leaves and saw Y/n crouched into a ball, crying. At this sight, my heart broke.

Y/n POV

I was crying my eyes out when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Can you please take me home, Enzo?" I ask in a whimper.

"Sure. But you got my name wrong, Y/n/n." the person said. But the sound of his voice as one that I could never mistake. I looked up and saw a smirking Mattheo in front of me.

"What are you doing here? Why aren't you with Layla? What happened? Why are you-" I asked so many questions before I was cut off with a kiss. We pulled apart, I felt my tattoo doing something. I looked down at it and it was glowing. Mattheo I've seen it too because he tilted my chin up, made eye contact with me and smiled that smile that made me weak at the knees, the loving good kind of weak.

"I came back so I could be with my soulmate. The love of my life." He whispered to me. I kissed him happily. When we pulled apart, he apparated me home. But when I looked to see where he was, I saw him down on one knee with a beautiful ring.

"When did you get this?" I ask

"Right after Hogwarts. I was planning on asking you but then my father made me dte and marry Layla. I had no choice. I love you. Always have and now I know why. We are soulmates. So, Y/n L/n, will you marry me?" He asked me. I nod happily and smile.

"YES!" I shout and kiss him. He slips the ring on and then we go to bed each others arms.

A/n: This was a bit rushed but I wanted to get something finished for you peoples to read.