Bonus Chapter

Alexis' POV

I moan.

"No way! These are sourer than I remember".

I suck on another sour mandarin from my pack of crazy sour Skittles. I moan before frowning again.

"Oh my...".

A nurse nearly runs into me.

"Hey!" I cry and leap out the way.

"Sorry" she apologises and rushes off.

At least she apologized.

I look forward and it's like I'd entered a rat field. Nurses were rushing up and down.

"I know this is how hospitals look in comic books" I say and move out the way.

I feel a hand brush slightly against my feet and for a moment I hesitate to look down. But I do anyway.

I crouch down and peep underneath the long table I was standing by. The very pale and scrawny looking six year old minus the nasogastric tube with extremely dark eyes stares at me.

"Dylan?" I call.

He was looking scrawnier and as white as snow. He reaches out to me and I notice a dark liquid snake it's way slowly down his nose.

"Dill..."he says and drops on me.

"Oh my God!".

I drop my Skittles and wrap my arms around him. Careful not to hurt him.

"Wake up!" I whisper.

His chest wasn't rising and he wasn't moving.

"Please don't die on me. I can't take another one".

----------------------------------------------

I pace up and down, fiddling with my visitors card. I wanted to pee but I was too nervous and frightened to do it. My breathing was starting to get uneven.

"Miss? Are you okay?" a nurse asks me.

I shake my head and take a seat.

"Do you want me to get you...".

My vision was starting to blury and I clutch my stomach.

"Alexis, oh my goodness!" it was my aunt.

She's beside me in a flash.

"Calm down. What do we do when we're upset? We take deep breaths. Now breathe with me".

Her voice just makes it worse and I start to cry.

"Okay, you wanna do that? Fine let it out".

She pulls me into a hug and I cry.

Why was I crying? I had no idea. Maybe because it had been a long time since I had one of my vasovagal attacks. Or I was just feeling overwhelmed by a panic attack. Or because I was so uncomfortable with the fact that I knew nothing that was going on behind those doors.

Or... being in a hospital for this long reminded me of Keana.

I hug aunt Cass tighter and she rubs my back.

"It's okay. I've got you".

I sniff and close my eyes.

"I'm so scared" I whisper.

"What are you even doing here?" she asks.

She looks up at the nurse and asks her.

"She brought in a patient who ran away. He wasn't looking good".