Chapter 15

☆ Alexis' POV

We've been tangled in my sheets having sex since Noah snuck through my window. I was exhausted, but I just couldn't get enough of him.

“You're going to be late if you don't get up,” I say as he showers my body with more kisses.

He chuckles, nuzzling my neck.

“I don’t care,” he says in a low, sexy, and dark tone.

My fingers rake through his.

“Yes, you do,” I say, wrapping one leg around him.

He'd offered to volunteer at the Illyrian Health Center and he had a shift this morning. Noah groans, kissing my neck again.

“I know. I just wish I could stay here with you all day,” he says in a pouting tone.

I giggle, holding him close to her.

“I do too, but you have lives to save and I need to finalize everything because I'm meeting up with the building inspectors this afternoon”.

He smiles at me.

“You're getting cleared?”.

“Hopefully” I grin. “I cannot wait to get out of here”.

He lets out a content sigh and nods.

“Now, that's something I can't wait for either,” he says, sitting up on the bed.

I sit up with him weakly, all the muscles in my body feeling like jelly. We'd been having sex for the past two hours... non-stop, and I was beyond exhausted.

“I'm going to take a quick shower and leave. Want to join me?” he asks, wagging his brows at me suggestively.

I laugh, pushing him up from the bed.

“Go shower or you're not going to make it in time for your shift,”.

He chuckles, kissing me one last time before he disappears into the bathroom. I sigh with contentment and sink back into the sheets. The next time I open my eyes, Noah's hovering above me.

“What are you doing?” I whisper.

“Checking to see if my good looks haven't killed you yet”.

I laugh.

“I fell asleep” I sigh, sitting up when he stops hovering.

“I didn't wanna wake you so I just watched you sleep for thirty minutes”.

I look in his direction and smile, seeing him only covered with a white towel around his waist.

“So I was thinking” I begin, bringing my knees close to my chest.

“What about?” I ask, watching him grab his clothes out of my closet.

“What we're going to do after we leave here”.

He looks at me as he slips his boxers and pants on.

“Are we going back to Melbourne? Are you staying with me in Singapore or...”.

“We're not going back to Alaska if that's what's bothering you” he cuts me off. “I told you, I'm done with that life. My life is with you and our son. I go where you go, and where you're happy, I'm happy”.

Oh, Noah.

“If you want, I'll transfer to Singapore and work there so we're together. I don't want you to overthink this”.

“You'd transfer to Singapore for me?” I ask in a small, stunned voice.

He smiles at me as he buttons his shirt up, then he walks over and sits on the bed beside me.