Bonus Chapter

Thank you all for your support!

Alexis' POV

“I'm sorry, you want me to what?” she asks.

Her red hair looked shinier today. I sigh and take a seat in her office couch.

“I got into a nasty argument with mom a couple of days ago and I told her it'd be better if she wasn't my mom anymore”.

She sits up.

“You what?!”.

I groan.

“She's so difficult and controlling. I don't want someone like that as a mother”.

Aunt Cassidy shakes her head.

“That's how my sister is. That's how she's been since I got to know her”.

I lean forward.

“But aunt Cass, it's wrong. No one tells her off so she feels whatever she does is right”.

“You didn't have to tell her that though. It was wrong”.

I sigh.

“She pushed me. She wants me to quit my job and move back to Colorado. And when I told her I was seeing someone, she told me he wasn't good enough for me and she'd make a much perfect match for me”.

She chuckles.

“And that's a bad idea how?”.

I give her a look.

“The last 'much perfect match' people made for me ended up with an arrow inside of me, my best friend dying, and the same me in a coma for an entire year. And I don't want to be paired with anyone else. I'm in love with Noah”.

Her eyes suddenly widen.

“I knew it!” she laughs. “And since it's Noah, forgot your mother. You have my blessing”.

“Aunt Cass” I chuckle.

She smiles at me.

“But wait, where do I come in?”.

I sigh.

“Mia called last night. Mom's turning fifty next week and they're throwing a surprise party for her and I have to be there”.

She shrugs.

“Okay. The girls and I will watch Odin for you. I actually like that little guy”.

I give her a look.

“What?”.

“Aunt Cass...”.

She frowns and stands.

“Oh, no, no, no, no Alexis. I am not going with you”.

I stand up.

“Why not? It's not like you're going to hide uncle Rob and the girls from them forever”.

She shrugs.

“That's what I intend to do”.

“But you know it's not right”.

“Alexandra, I cannot expose my children to that kind of life. I don't even know which one of them is going to end up with the werewolf gene. It was hard getting Robert to understand. And I promised our children weren't going to be casualties in this war”.

“But I need you there with me. And the girls would be so excited to meet their uncles and aunts and cousins”.

She shakes her head.