Chapter 29

Dedicated to yo_fave_slimmy

Mia's POV

My eyes flutter open and I'm in my bed. My head was burning.

“Ric?” I call.

He leans over me and presses a kiss on my forehead.

“You're burning”.

“It's called wedding jitters babe” I say, sitting up. “What happened?” I groan, looking towards him.

“You passed out” he says and captures my lips in a soft kiss.

I pull away.

“Really?”.

He nods, kissing me again.

“I just had the weirdest dream ever Ric. There was this jaguar... and my... my wedding dress was gone and... gosh, it was just weird babe”.

He stares at me saying nothing.

“Unless it wasn't a dream. Eric?”.

It all comes flooding back. My eyes sting.

“You know what, I'm calling my mother. She has no right to dictate how I get married to the woman I love”.

“No! Babe don't!” I call him back. “Don't do that. I don't have a problem with an Indian traditional marriage”.

His brows knit in a frown as he settles beside me on the bed.

“Mia you know you don't have to...”.

I raise a finger to his lips and shake my head.

“You are the best thing that has ever happened to me sweetie. You've done a whole lot for me since the day I nearly ran you over with my car”.

He chuckles.

“I'd been an honour to have such a gorgeous creature like you ran over me with a Porsche”.

I laugh. He smiles softly. I try to let out how I feel.

“Eric... I don't care if I have to wear ugly sweatpants and fly to the Sahara Desert to show the entire world that I am completely and totally crazy about you. And I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I don't care if your mom wants me to wear a saree and be a housewife. I'll do it in a heartbeat because I love you with everything I have. I love you Niraj Patel”.

He grins and strokes my chin.

“I like it when you say my name”.

“Oh yeah?”.

I bite my lip.

“But I love it when you say it when you can hardly speak” he smirks.

I grin as he leans forward and grazes his lips against mine, the faintest of touch.

“Tease” I whisper.

He smirks and lays me back against the bed, looming over me as he kisses my cheek, my jaw, my neck.

His kisses are reverent, his touches, his touch worshipping as he begins to undress me, caressing my skin as he does. I touch anywhere I can reach, savoring the plane of his lower stomach, the width of his shoulders.

He finally kisses me with a swell of passion, making me gasp against him. My mouth opens, under his, the kiss deepening, matching each other in hunger and desperation.