Chapter 29

~One Year Later~

Alexis' POV

I fiddle with the wedding ring on my finger as I stare out the window.

“Do you need anything Mrs. Serrano?” one of the maids asks me. “More pillows? Soup? Juice? Would you like to put your feet up? I know it'll be good for the ba—”.

“I thought I asked you to leave already?!” I snap at her.

She gives me a look.

“I'm just trying to help, don't yell at me” she says.

I narrow my eyes at her.

“Did you just sass me?” I ask.

She folds her arms.

“No, I just asked you not to yell at me”.

“And I asked you to leave” I retort.

She gives me another look and folds her arms.

“You know you're not what's best for this pack, right? You're a human, and you can never be our luna” she says.

“Get out Tania” I say firmly.

“We're all only doing this out of the respect for Alpha Noah... not because we like you”.

I sit up and she takes a few short steps back.

“Now if you'll excuse me, I'm leaving because I want to... not that I'm afraid of you”.

She holds her nose up in the air and I watch her walk away.

“Unbelievable” I mutter, shifting my weight before standing up.

I slowly walk out of the library into my bedroom to pick out an outfit for the date night Noah and I had been planning for days now. I take a shower, get dressed and sit in front of the vanity, trying to lay the perfect edges.

Noah's reflection appears through the mirror and I smile. I turn around and make a face.

“You're not dressed” I state.

He sighs and walks inside the room, bringing out a bouquet of pink roses from behind his back. I chuckle.

“Must you get me flowers every day?” I ask.

He smiles and kisses my cheek, then my tiny twelve weeks bump.

“Yes, but these are special flowers” he whispers, handing them over to me.

“And you couldn't wait to give them to me on our date like a normal sexy husband?”.

He chuckles and caresses my cheek. Then his smile wavers. I stop sniffing the flowers and frown up at him.

“Seriously? You're canceling another one?!”.

“Lexi—”.

“What's got you occupied this time, huh?” I ask, standing up.

“Hey calm down, it's not good to get stressed out. The baby—”.

“Well maybe if you didn't keep canceling our plans for God knows what, I won't be stressed out!” I snap.

“Alexis, I don't enjoy doing this either”.

I scoff.

Five times in a row already.

“But—”.

“If it wasn't important you won't do this” I finish off for him. “I know”.

I toss the bouquet on the bed and angrily yank several wet tissues out of the box to wipe off my makeup.