Chapter 20

7K?!

Oh my gosh! You guys are the best!
I love youuuuuuu!
Enjoy! :3

✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽

~One Year Later

☆ Yara's POV

I stare up at the ceiling, not quite sure how to feel. On one hand, I'm excited to finally be getting married to Colton after all the trials and tribulations we'd faced from the royal court and the people of Illyria this past year. Now everything was sorted out and I was happy.

But on the other hand, I'm nervous about all the responsibility that comes from marrying a king. The amount of strings that were attached was enough to make a sweater... a very thick sweater that would swallow me whole.

Yara.

I sigh. I'm going from tiaras and gowns to crowns and even fancier gowns. The thought makes me feel sick and I roll over onto my side and pull the covers more around me, trying to disappear before something awful happened.

Of course, I want to marry the love of my life.

"But I'm not ready for this sweater" I groan, pulling a pillow over my face.

What if I go back to sleep? I can sleep through the wedding, that way I'll miss all the embarrassment that's surely going to happen if I actually go to the wedding.

The bride can't miss her wedding.

"Oh please send me a sign that I can do this" I muffle into the pillow.

"Good morning, my beautiful Yara!" Zariana exclaims, bursting through the door with a wide smile plastered on her face.

I peek through the covers before fully looking up.

"Aren't you supposed to be on your honeymoon?" I ask.

"Paris can wait, Yara" she chuckles. "The Seine River isn't going anywhere".

I smile.

"Why is the bride still sleeping?!" Malia cries out joining us.

Shannon rolls her eyes from the doorway.

"Why are you taking this so seriously? It's just a wedding" she says. "Sleep some more Yara".

Malia gives her a look.

"No. It's time to get up. We have a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it" she goes, pulling the covers off of me.

I groan and tug at the other end of the covers.

"I will turn you into a cow" she threatens.

I let go and pout. Zariana titters.

"Aren't you excited? Today's the day you marry the love of your life".

I know.

I bite my lip.

"Oh my goodness!" Shannon gasps, stepping closer to me. "Are you having second thoughts?" she questions.