Chapter 5

Colton's POV

My heart stops when I see her falling. Her cry reaches my ears as I dash to catch her. I lay her against my chest and stare at her flawless face. Even though she was unconscious, she still took my breath away. How could such beauty even exist?

Her mom rushes to her side.

“Sweetheart open your eyes” she cries.

“We've got to get her to the hospital” I say and lift her up.

She was as light as a feather. I carry her to the car and climb in beside her, her head resting on my shoulder as she firmly held on to my shirt. Mrs. Graham gets in beside her with a very worried look.

It was her birthday and she was going to spend it in the hospital because her seventeen year old daughter can't help but fall all the time.

We arrive at the hospital and she's put on a stretcher. She was still holding on to me. My heart warms.

She loves me.

The nurse loosens her grip on my shirt and her hand falls into mine. I take her hand in mine and I feel a little squeeze. I smile.

“Sir, I'm sorry but, we have to take her now” the lady says.

I nod and slowly let go. I watch her being wheeled away and my heart aches.

“Please be fine”.

------------------------------------------------------------

“Can someone please explain to me how my sister fell 40 feet from her balcony?!” Mia asks, walking in the waiting room.

“Calm down. She'll be alright. The doctor is in there with her” Fiona says, rubbing her back.

Cassandra sat there with her face in her hands. Jace slips beside her.

“Honey, she'll be okay. Our girl is a fighter” he says.

Cassandra sniffs, nodding and rests her head on his shoulders and he pulls her closer.

“Mom” Mia coos slipping in the seat next to her and hugging her.

Elise walks in with a smile on her face. They all look up at her.

“You can stop worrying now, she's fine and the medicine's wearing off so she'll be awake soon”.

##################################################################

Alexis' POV⚛

I open my eyes slowly and I feel horrible. My whole body hurt like hell and I felt sick and dehydrated. A familiar scent shoots up my nose.

Colton!

I slowly pull myself up and I see someone's head on the side of the hospital bed I laid on. His dark hair had fallen on his godly face as he held on tightly to my hand. I furrow my eyebrows.

Why is he holding my hand?

I decide to ignore him but the sparks weren't making it easy. His hot breath warms my wrist. I stare at him in awe when he stirs and wakes up. I change my expression and frown.

“You know, you look ugly when you smile so keep that face on” he says with a smirk on his face.

I snatch my hand away. Tia whimpers.

“What are you doing here?” I ask.

He stands up and runs his hand through his hair.

“Get out right now” I say and point to the door.