Chapter 2

Alexis' POV

I yawn and stretch my body to its full length. I groan and feel the bed for the covers. I find it and throw it over my head.

Wait! Covers?!

I throw the covers away and shoot up. I look around and I'm in a grand and fancy room.

“Where am I?”

My back doesn't hurt as much as my head does. I roll my sleeves up and take a look at my wrist. There was no cut there.

“What is happening to me?” I mumble and brush my hand across my face. “Okay, Alexandra... it was all probably just a nightmare. All in your head” I say as I close my eyes and exhale.

The door suddenly opens and a tall blonde girl walks in. She smiles and runs out of the room.

Are we allowed to do that?

I groan and close my eyes. The door opens again and I hear another person walk in. I open my eyes and look up. And when I see him he smiles at me and I beam back.

“Move. Favorite sibling coming through!” she says and pushes past him. “Oh my little baby,” she says with a pout.

Max rolls his eyes behind her and I hold back a laugh.

“C'mere you poor little thing” she coos and throws her arms around me.

She squeezes me into a hug.

“Can't breathe...” I manage to choke out, tapping her back to let me go.

“Mia you're murdering our sister!” Max scolds. “Let her go. She's still recovering!”

Recovering? From what?

“Oh right right. I'm sorry” my sister apologizes. “How are you feeling?” she asks, tucking her hair behind her ear.

“I'm not sure. Mia... what really happened?”

“That is what we would all like to know,” Mom says walking in with Dad.

She looks very upset but I beam up at my father.

“Alexis, what were you thinking?” he ignores my smile and scolds me, frowning at me.

“What?” I ask.

“You said you were going to bed. So what were you doing in that room huh?”

I furrow my brows.

“You found me?”

“Of course I found you. I heard you scream.”

She did?

“What on earth was going through your head, going up all there by yourself? Do you have any idea what I went through when I walked in and found you unconscious on the ground? You almost gave me a heart attack!”

“Mom, I don't... honestly I'm very confused,” I say with a little laugh.

“It is not funny, okay?!” mom scolds.

“Hey, Mom—”

“No Max she has to hear me out!”

God my head.

Mom turns back at me.

“You had one job, Alexandra Jordan Graham. And it was to go to bed. So what were doing up there?”

“I was curious okay?” I say, “And curiosity is a good thing. You taught me that, Mom.”

“Aye!” she throws her arms in the air.