Chapter 26

Dedicated to yo_fave_slimmy
babyblue1232
JanelleSheeran
FarakhanRashid
DorcasBruwaa

Alexis' POV

The deepest sorrow, comes when we are parted by death and say goodbye for the last time in this life. That separation seems unthinkable. We mourn. We weep. How can we face the heartbreak of never again embracing the ones we loved?

Once upon a time I swore I had a heart. Long before the world I know tore it apart.

Once upon a time, there was a part of me I shared. Years before they took away the part of me that cared.

You know when they say you don't feel death? Well some do. I did.

I died.

I say this because I know. I felt it all. They all did.

It hurt... bad. Much more than having your Netflix subscription canceled.

But not everyone gets lucky to escape the clutches of my good friend Hades. He had no choice but to let me off the hook... well this time at least.

But I knew I wasn't going to visit anytime soon.

When I was dead, I saw things. Things that didn't make any sense. But I knew. I knew I wasn't going to come back the same.

She told me.

Is it possible to miss someone you never saw or don't remember ever having in your life?

But death has its own weird perks. You get to throw the towel in on all your problems. Even if it's for a little while... like mine.

I mean how many people die and get to see their dead older sister being crowned goddess of all supernaturals?

So you see... you should never fear death. Because the worst it can do, is eat up your flesh and torture you with no mercy. But it can never, ever, steal your soul.

Because it's not his to decide what happens to your soul. But He who knew you before you were born... and holds you every step of the way.

✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽  

I gasp, my chest rising as I suddenly open my eyes. My whole body tingled... and not the good kind. I could feel my heart beating rapidly... blood flowing through my veins again. I stay still for about close to 30 minutes, not sure what was happening.

The world looked different from the last time I saw it... and I couldn't even remember when the last time was.

I quickly sit up and I hear a loud crack in my back.

"Ow...!" I mouth, rubbing my neck.

I look around and it's a bedroom. I manage to climb off the bed to its edge and put my legs down. I rub my hands on my thighs and give it a pat.

"Please tell me you work" I whisper and gather myself to stand up.

I do, but tumble over, knocking down something. I lay... face flat on the carpet and groan. I roll over and lay on my back. I hear footsteps and look towards the door as a pair of shoes pop through the door.