Chapter 22

☆Alexis' POV

“... so that is why I think you should go home and get some rest”.

I look up from my laptop screen at Aarti. A little cough tickles the back of my throat.

“I'm fine thank you. Don't worry”.

I get back to work. I had to turn in a plan for a South Korean project.

“I'll just go get you some herbal tea”.

She walks away. I recline in my chair and stick out my tongue. I can taste metal in my mouth and my head is pounding. Reggie walks in.

“What's this I hear about you coming down with something?”.

I wave my hand as if to dismiss her words.

“It's nothing. I'm alright”.

She rounds my desk and feels my forehead.

“Hey you're burning up!” she exclaims.

I groan.

“Keep it down Reggie please. I have a lot to do so if you have nothing else to say, please let me...”.

Loud banter reaches my ears and soon it gets to my office. Tonia struts in holding Aarti by the arm with Fields following. I groan.

“Hey, hey, hey!” Reggie yells. “What's going on here?! Break it up!”.

“Can you explain to me why she picked up my order?” Tonia asks.

“You're really hurting me ma'am” Aarti winches.

Tonia lets go of her arm and she rubs it.

“Well I'm really sorry Miss Tonia. But it didn't look like you were ready and I really really had to get Miss Alexandra's tea. You see she's not feeling well...”.

“Aarti” I cut her off. “You can give her her order back. I told you I'm fine”.

“But...”.

Tonia makes a face at me.

“You're not feeling well?” she snickers.

“She's right. She's not even wearing her awful colors today” Fields adds.

“And I thought you'd lost your tongue” I snap.

His mouth hangs a little.

“Yep, she's still got the fire” Tonia says. “Keep the tea. Let's go Fields”.

They scurry out and I roll my eyes, reclining. My head was starting to feel light. I shut my eyes and another groan escapes me.

“You should really go home and have a doctor take a look at that rash”.

I nod closing my eyes. I quickly open them after processing what Reggie says.

“Rash? What rash?” I ask.

She points to my left arm and it's almost half covered by a rash that wasn't there two minutes ago. I stand up and grab my bag.

“Do you want us to call a cab?”.

“No I can drive myself home”.

I step out of my office and head towards the elevator door. The rash was starting to burn.

“Alexandra look, I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but you're not a very good driver on normal days and you're not really well today so I think calling a cab to get you home will help. Or I could just call your aunt to come get you. She's a doctor rig...”.