Chapter 10

Noah's POV

I accidentally spill some paint on the carpet.

“Dammit!” I groan.

Reaching for a rag, I put my palette aside. I sigh. Her image was still in my head; tattooed and framed. Trying to get it out was going to be inhuman.

I hear a ping but ignore it and focus on getting the paint off my carpet. I settle back down when I realize I don't even know what I'm doing.

Facing the canvas again, I look at the unfinished picture.

“You have got to get out... please”.

It was 2 am, I had work in the morning and I knew I had to get some rest. But she wasn't going to let me.

The paintbrush made a squishy sound when it touched the palette. I get to work. Every stroke, instead of getting rid only enhanced her image.

I sigh. The lights flicker followed by a dull impact.

“You know, using the stairs and door once in a while wouldn't hurt” I say.

“It would hurt my ego... and even though I have a lot to spare, I still wouldn't do it” she retorts.

I chuckle. The room goes silent for a moment. I quickly turn and catch whatever it is she throws at me this time.

She groans and stamps her foot.

“Seriously Malia? An orange?”.

“I was going for the watermelon but I'm too cheap”.

I shake my head.

“And besides, it's not fair for you to use your super senses and quick reflexes”.

“You're too slow” I tell her and toss the orange somewhere.

“I'm a witch. Witches aren't slow”.

I stroke the paintbrush on the canvas. Malia leans over me and peeps from the top of my head.

“What are you doing?”.

The telephone rings. I stand up.

“Don't touch anything” I warn and head to my desk. “Dr. Serrano”.

“I'm so sorry to disturb you Doctor but there's been an emergency. A little boy...”.

My assistant rants out the information.

“... none of the other doctors are answering. I'm sorry”.

I nod.

“It's okay Liv. I'll be right there”.

I hang up.

Malia's POV

I tap the paintbrush on the palette and reach for the canvas. The paintbrush is slapped out of my hand and I'm pulled away.

“Hey!”.

“I told you not to touch anything”.

“And since when do I never listen to what you say?”.

I watch him grab a cloth and move towards the canvas.

“Hey!” I cry when he throws it over the painting. “I wanna add a mustache”.

“So she looks like you? Not a chance”.

I pout. Noah takes off his shirt.

“Where're you going?”.

“The hospital just called. Emergency”.

“But you don't start until Monday”.

“But they called anyway”.