Chapter 6

^^^Mia's mate^^^

Alexis' POV

I sit there with a huge frown on my face. I'd turn away from what they were saying.

“Honey please, don't be mad” mom begs. “We need you to understand…”.

“I can not believe you'd let a bunch of werewolf elders and stuck up royals dictate my life for me. I mean I have never even shifted before. What makes you so sure this boy is my mate?".

“I can't stand you anymore!” Mia screams storming in.

Another headache!

I roll my eyes.

“Mia what's wrong?” mom asks.

“You're crying” dad adds.

I look at her face and it was wet with tears. I don't remember the last time I saw Mia cry…except that one time Max messed around with her blow dryer and her hair got sucked in it.

“What happened?” dad asks.

“It's Max—”.

Oh boy!

“What happened to your brother?!” mom shoots up making my heart beat faster.

“Calm down, he's fine” she says, now frowning.

“Then?”.

“He punched Eric... and... and... ” she starts to cry again. “I hate him so much! Tell him to leave me alone, I'm not a little girl anymore! He's so overprotective and I can't stand it anymore!” she cries and hugs mom.

“Max wouldn't punch anyone unless he was provoked” I say. “I know my brother”.

“Alexis is right. What really happened?” dad asks.

Mia sniffs.

“He saw Eric and... I together and... and...”.

“They were making out on his car... in public!” Max snaps coming through the door.

“No we weren't! We were just kissing!” Mia screams, throwing her sunglasses at Max.

“Oh don't fool me Mia! His hands were in your pants!”.

“So what? That didn't give you any right to punch him!”.

“He deserved it. We welcome him to our home and accept him into our pack while he stays here and what does he do, seduce my sister?! That is messed up”.

“You're messed up! He wasn't seducing me! And what do you care? He's my mate and it's my body! He can do to me whatever he damn well pleases and I don't need any of you to interfere in my personal life! Get your own mate and stop being an annoying twin!”.

She stares at him, her eyes gleaming with tears.

“Mia, you know I'm just looking out for my sisters...” Max coos.

“Sometimes a part of me wishes you died instead of her!” she says and pushes past him up the stairs.

I see my brother's face fall.

Who's her?

“Honey—”.

“I'll go talk to her” dad says.

Mom sighs and goes after Max. I'm left standing there alone, angry at myself. I would have loved if Max was punching the hell out of Colton instead of Mia's mate.

I sigh and follow mom out to look for Max.

+++±++++±++++±++++±++++±++++±+++

Cassie's POV