Chapter 9

Colton's POV

I open a bottle of beer and take a sip, walking back in my grand room. It felt good to be back in my land and be treated like the prince I am.

I take another sip and pull out my phone when my door opens to reveal Shannon, my girlfriend and the girl the entire kingdom wants me to marry, not only because she's a princess and very rich but because she was betrothed to me at birth and we make a "perfect" couple.

“Oh teddy bear!” she shrieks, walking up to me with her arms open and a huge smile.

“Oh boy” Renee, Zariana and Normani breathe out in unison.

“Run Cole!” my wolf says.

I smile and embrace her, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

“I missed you” she whispers, wrapping her arms around my neck.

“Me too” I whisper back, grabbing her waist.

“Why do you keep torturing yourself?” my wolf asks.

“You know the rules”.

Oh my furry goblin, he's here!” Zariana screams and races down with Normani behind her.

“Hey wait up!” Renee shouts going after them. “You coming?”.

“Go ahead, we'll catch up later” Shannon says holding onto me tightly.

No, I wanna go now!

Renee closes the door behind her. Shannon turns back to me. She smiles and gives me a passionate kiss. I slip an arm around her waist and the other behind her head and deepen the kiss.

“You wanna have some fun?” she says seductively against my lips while trailing her finger up and down my chest. “I missed all of you” she pouts.

She gives me another kiss and moans into my mouth as she begins to unbutton my shirt. My hand finds its way to the back of her dress. I'm about to unzip the dress with the scent hits me.

Vanilla and roses! She's here!

I pull away and Shannon stares at me.

“What's wrong?” she asks.

“Babe, I would really like to do this, but not right now”.

She frowns.

“I promised Daniel I'd be the first to welcome him back home. He'd do anything for me and I was to do this for him. Please understand” I say and take her hand.

“But promise me we'll do this tonight” she says.

“No!”

“Of course” I say.

She smiles and gives me a kiss before letting me go. I smile and run out the door.

“Ah, Prince Colton—”.

“Not now Trent!” I say and pat his shoulder before racing down the stairs.

I stop halfway when I see her with the girls. I stare at her with a goofy smile on my face.

She's so beautiful!

“Your highness” Dan says, disrupting my daydream. “You're drooling”.

“No I'm not” I say and walk down.

I hear him chuckle behind me.

“Oh Prince Colton! Danny brought a girl! Isn't she really pretty?” Zariana says with a smile.