Chapter 13

Alexis' POV

~3 weeks later

Colton has been away for almost 3 weeks now and I can't stand it anymore. Everything was happening so fast. One moment he's unbearable and the next, he sweeps me off my feet and makes me fall in love with him all over again.

Shannon had gone back to Grandale with her parents after Colton rejected her in front of her family. Queen Mirabel and I got along quite well. She believed in love rather than an arranged marriage. The King on the other hand…he hates me. He doesn't approve of my relationship with his son.

Back at home, Max wasn't bothering Mia and her mate any more.

School was great, everyday. With City to crack inappropriate jokes and Liam to tell me stories about the latest books he's been reading and Keana of course, confused with her love life, what more could I want?

And of course I had Zariana and Normani to play mischief around the house and drive Mrs. King and aunt Fiona up the wall.

I couldn't imagine myself happier than I already am.

If only my Colton was right here with me.

I smile and hug Keana and her grandma goodnight and turn back into my room, humming a tune. I close the door when I hear a knock. I open the door again and see a guard.

“I'm sorry to disturb you but the King wants to see you this instant”.

I frown.

The King? Me?!

“It's almost 10pm” Tia says.

“Are you sure?” I ask.

The guard nods.

What's the worst that can happen?

“Okay” I say and follow him.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

I stand before the King of Illyria... in pajamas. He stares at me.

“Have a seat” he says and gestures me to a chair in front of him.

“No I'm fine” I say politely.

“Please…I insist”.

Just sit down!” Tia says.

I take a seat.

“Candy?” he offers.

I shake my head. He let's out a little laugh.

What do you want dude?

“I want us to have a little chat” he says.

“Well…what about?” I ask, playing with my fingers on my laps.

“My son” he says with a little growl causing me to look up at him.

“What about…him?”.

He stands up and walks up to me, running his fingers along the designs of my chair as he stands behind me.

“I've seen the way my son looks at you…and you at him”.

So?

“I can tell how much he loves you by just how he says your name…am I right?” he asks and drops back in his chair

“Well yes. And I love him as much as he does. That's what mates do” I say.

“Well said Alexandra…well said”.

Mark of an Alpha's Queen जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें