Epilogue

☆ Alexis' POV

"Are you sure it's not a bother for all of us to stay here?" Shannon asks again.

"Yes, Shan. It's fine" I smile. "My parents will stay at my aunt and uncle's house tonight and besides, this house has lots of rooms, trust me".

She smiles.

"Okay then".

"C'mon Pop. We need to hurry" Ruth-Alma says, grabbing her keys.

"Woah, woah, woah. Where are you two going?" Noah asks.

"We're getting our sleeping bags" Poppy answers.

"We're having a sleepover in your room, remember?" Ruth-Alma chuckles.

"That's for only when it rains and there's a lot of lightning," I say.

"Well it's going to rain tonight so get comfortable" Poppy scoffs and tugs her sister away.

I shake my head.

"Mom? Can you please make my cousins and me some night night tea?".

"All seven of you?" I ask with an amused look.

He nods.

"Extra honey please" he adds.

I smile.

"Why don't you kids have night night tea some other night?" Noah asks.

"What? When are we going to get them all under one roof... not yelling at each other?" I ask and grab the kettle before moving to the sink.

"But...".

I shush Noah.

"Don't worry, sweetie. I'll make you and your cousins night night tea".

He smiles.

"Can you hold on for a second?" Noah asks.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I just need you to come outside with me real quick".

I make a face.

"Why?" I ask, reaching for the honey from the top shelves.

Noah gets it for me and holds it between us.

"Our neighbor is threatening to leave her dog's new litter out front if we don't take responsibility for Odin's... activities".

I frown.

"What?!" I exclaim. "That's ridiculous. Odin doesn't go outside".

Noah shrugs.

"That's not what the neighbor's saying. She's sure Odin is the father".

"And she has the guts to threaten us?!" I huff and push past him out the door.

The nerve of that woman.

"Mrs. Ossat?!" I call out. "Mrs. Ossat come out right...".

I hear a familiar whimper coming from beneath our neighbor's fence.

Oh shit!

"Didi?" I call out.

The whimper comes again. I put my hands on my hips and take in a deep breath.

"Odin! Come out of there right now!" I say firmly.

A bark comes out in reply and a few seconds later, I see my dog trotting up to me.

"Why are you sneaking out of the house, Didi? And why her dog?" I pout.

Odin barks at me and wags his tail happily.