Chapter 16

☆ Alexis POV

I take in deep breaths, trying hard not to give in to the panic attack that could be creeping in any second now.

“Here, have some ginger tea...”.

“I don't want ginger tea, Daniel! I want my son!” I yell.

He holds the cup out of my face as everyone turns to look at me.

“Alexis, we have every tracker out there looking for Milton. We'll find him. Just calm down” Colton says to me.

It was the first time he'd said anything to me after that night at the bar and the first time speaking to me since he got back from God knows where.

I groan and wrap my arms around myself. Noah lets out a sigh as he steps back into the room we were all scattered across.

“I just got off the phone with my grandfather. No one's left the territory. Pablo's been making sure of that. He's more of a tyrant than an Alpha” he announces, looking a bit wistful.

I rub my burning chest.

“How's that helping?” I ask weakly.

“We know for sure that no one from there has anything to do with Milton being gone. They didn't take him so he has to be around here”.

“But where?” I ask, my tears threatening to spill.

He sighs and looks at me.

“Lexi...”.

“Noah, it's dark already. And our son has not been found. Do not... ask me to calm down” I warn.

He looks away, guilt written all over his face. I hear whispers and turn toward the entrance. She pales and I hear her sharp inhale of breath reach my ear. My chest burns and I stand up with a scowl on my face.

“Alexis I'm sor...”.

“Sorry isn't going to bring my son back, Yara!” I growl. “Why would you lose him like he's a set of keys?!”.

Noah holds me off.

“Stop it,” he tells me.

“No! She's the reason we can't find Milton!”.

“I'm sorry I just slipped away for a little while and...”.

“A little, Yara?! You call this a little while?!” I bark. “You've been gone the entire day! Look at the time! And it's a little while to you?! I don't pay you to slip away for a little while, Yara!”.

“Lexi stop it!” Noah says firmly, turning me to face him. “You're not mad at her, remember that. Don't say anything you're going to regret later. Just stop”.

I huff in frustration and he gently presses my face in his chest.

“Nacho! What happened? Where's Mill?” I hear Malia ask.

I don't bother to pull myself away from Noah.

“And where have you been?” Noah asks her. “We don't see you around here anymore”.

“I have a life you know” she replies. “Where's my godson?”.

“If we knew that, would everyone be this disturbed?” I hear Shannon quip.

I turn my head to look at her.

“I'm sorry” she sighs. “It's getting to me”.

I let out a frustrated sigh and pull away from Noah's hold.

“What?” he asks.

“I'm going to look for him”.

“Where?” Shirley asks.