Chapter 24

^^^Nizora^^^

Dedicated to JanelleSheeran
babyblue1232
yo_fave_slimmy
FarakhanRashid
Princess_Mauve
dhyvn_sAd
the_antysocial_nerd
BethieSimone

With love ♥️

Cassandra's POV

I stare at the woman. Mia crosses her arms over her chest and jutted out her hips.

“Give us one reason why we should believe that nonsense you're spewing from your mouth”.

“Mia...” I hush, taking her hand.

“No mom! Don't you see what she's doing? She's messing with us. I wouldn't be surprised if Alexis put her up to this for attention”.

Nizora gives her a look.

“Enough of badmouthing your sister. We all know you're the one person in the entire world who craves attention the most” she says. “Remember 5th grade?”.

I raise a brow as Mia's face falls.

“What happened in 5th grade?” I ask, looking between Mia and Nizora.

They keep silent. I look over to Max who gives me a half shrug. Nizora clears her throat.

“Story for another day, shall we?”.

I shake my head, attempting to shake the terrible feeling away.

“Look, lady. I get that you're an ancient sorceress... but can we please put our bad manners and differences aside so you can help me find my daughter and figure out what the hell is wrong with her? I can't let another daughter die. I failed Madison at parenting... I am not going to let my baby girl go too” I plead.

Mia rubs my shoulders and rests her head against mine. I give her hand and squeeze. Nizora smiles.

“Very well” she says, grabbing her staff.

“Mom...” Max says, pulling his sister and I back.

Nizora pauses and stares at us.

“I'm not sure I'll need to use it on you... maybe just on Mia. She needs to learn an important lesson” she says.

Mia gasps and Max nudges her. Nizora clears her throat once again and mutters something. Her staff glows. I squint at the bright light. But I see her eyes glow to match the color her staff is giving off.

“Mia, boys... I do hope you're good at playing catch” she says with a smug glow of self-congratulation.

“What?” Jace asks.

Nizora lifts up her staff towards the wall and there are sparks flying, the lights flick on and off. A lifeless looking figure of my daughter floating in midair comes into view.