Chapter 26

☆ Alexis' POV

I glance at Noah and shoulder bump him. He looks up and flashes me a smile.

“You've been very quiet the entire flight. We checked it at the hotel, got fancy clothes for the party and you haven't said a word. Are you okay?”.

He takes my hand and kisses my knuckles.

“Yes. Are you okay?”.

I smile.

“You flew almost nine thousand miles with me. Of course I'm okay”.

He smiles.

“Are you there yet?” Poppy whines. “My butt hurts”.

“And my hair isn't in good shape to finally meet the sister mom's so terrified of” Ruth-Alma adds.

“Don't remind me” aunt Cass murmurs, lifting her head from her husband's shoulder.

“Okay let's all calm down” I say to them. “There's nothing to get anxious about”.

The driver takes a turn and the house comes into view. I feel my stomach turn and I clutch it.

“I feel a panic attack coming up” I whisper under my breath.

Noah chuckles and rubs my back.

“Calm down. Whatever happens, we're all here and we're in the this together”.

I let out a big sigh and nod.

“Thank you babe”.

He smiles and kisses my cheek. The driver pulls up in front of the house and someone holds the door out for us. Aunt Cass is the one closest to the door and we all wait for her to step out.

“You owe me big time Alexis”.

*****************************************

☆ Cassandra's POV

I thread my fingers through my short hair and smile.

“Thank you so much for coming” I say to the people.

They smile in return and walk out. I let out an exhausted sigh and close the door.

“That was a successful party” Charisma chuckles from behind me.

I smile.

“It's your birthday party Char. I'm just going to have dinner with Jace” I say, shrugging. “There's no need to make a big deal about getting older”.

She chuckles.

“You don't look fifty, Cass”.

“You don't look fifty either Char” I say to her.

She smiles and hugs me.

“Thank you for coming over okay?”.

I hug her back.

“Anytime”.

I grab my purse and head out to my car. The drive back home wasn't very long. I narrow my eyes in confusion at the unrecognizable cars I see parked in front of the house. I sigh.

“Oh Jace. Why are you up to?” I whisper under my breath and park the car.

I climb out, walk to the front door and let myself in. Afterall it was my house.

“Welcome Mrs. Graham” Gemma greets, taking my bag.

“Where's my husband, Gem?” I ask, already walking away towards the voices that reach my ear.