Chapter 16

^^^Cassandra^^^

Alexis' POV

I feel my heart thump faster and harder as I slow down. I change the music on my iPod and jog home. It was getting late.

“I can't wait for tomorrow!” Tia says excitedly.

I laugh.

“Last day of high school” I murmur to myself, making a turn around the block.

I see the house from a distance and hurry. The pack guards open the gate and smile at me.

“Thank you” I say and turn.

I see cars parked in front of the house and wonder. I turn back to one of the guards.

“Who's here?” I ask pointing to the cars.

“Guests”.

Well duh!

“The alpha and luna of the Blue Moon Pack”.

I nod.

“Aah okay” I say. “Thanks again”.

I turn back and stroll down the path.

“Alpha and Luna of the Blue Moon Pack…wait a minute!”.

Could it be…

“Oh no!”.

I ran and push through the door. I ran through the hallway and enter the living room. I look round.

Nothing?

I close my eyes and catch my breath.

“Okay Alexandra Jordan Van Doren, you worry too much. They wouldn't...”.

“Alexandra Jordan Graham! There you are!”.

I feel my heart in my throat as I recognize the voice. I turn around.

“Uncle André?” I ask. “What are you doing here?”.

He frowns.

“I believe what you're trying to say is 'I'm so glad to see you!' sweetheart” mom says walking through the back door.

I turn and force a smile.

“Mom, I'm so glad to see you guys!” I say, pulling the earpiece from my ears.

“There you go” she smiles, her arms wide.

I hug her and she pecks me.

“Oh my little girl. I've missed you” she whispers giving tiny ticklish kisses all over my face making me giggle.

“What are you guys doing here?” I say when I pull away from her.

“You can't expect me to miss your graduation do you?” mom asks.

“Well no but—”.

“André? Oh I dragged him along. I needed someone to come with me”.

“But why didn't you bring…oh I know. They'd ruin everything for me. Thanks!” I laugh.

Mrs. Norman walks in.

“Oh good, she's back. I was going to send a search party to go after you”.

I laugh and hug her tight.

“Where's—”.

“XANDER!” Keana shouts my name running in.

She sees mom and the others and trips.

“Careful—”.

Mom uses her telekinesis and prevents her from hitting the ground. She lifts her up and sets her on her feet.