Chapter 6

☆ Colton's POV

The familiar scent of lavender and roses comes full force and shoots up my head as a petite figure bumps into me, knocking my crown off my head and pushing the both of us to the ground.

Oh my God!

I look up and her face is buried in my chest and she's holding on firmly to my clothes. She lets go and lifts her head and I'm able to take in the full view of her gorgeous face. I feel my lips curl into a smirk.

It's her!

“What is going on here?!” Zariana's voice comes from the entrance.

I stay still but she quickly rolls off me and stands up. I smile and get off my feet.

“Sorry, I wasn't looking” she apologizes and reaches down to pick up my crown. “Here you go”.

I take it, my fingers brushing her hands. I feel the sparks and she doesn't too because she jumps back.

“Alexis?” my sister whispers.

She looks up and smiles.

“Hi, Zari”.

My sister opens her mouth to talk when the rest of my family walks in. I don't say a word and quietly watch her.

“Alexis!” Zariana chirps, now realizing that she was actually standing a few feet from her. “Oh my gosh!”.

She throws her arms around her and Alexis hugs my sister back.

I want a hug like that.

“Alexandra. What a lovely surprise” my mother says. “It's really great to see you again. Is your mother here too?”.

She lets go of Zariana who just remains glued to her side.

“Err no... your... err majesty” she goes and curtsies.

My father clears his throat.

“You look well” he says.

She nods.

“Zari, what did you say the wifi password was again? I can't get it right” Normani's voice cuts through the corner.

I hear Renee's very annoyed groan following closely behind her twenty-four-year-old little sister.

“I already told you it's... Alexis?” Renee asks.

Normani frowns at her phone's screen.

“I'm not sure it's Alexis” she says.

Daniel comes up behind his sisters with his parents and they pause.

“Dan, what's the Wi-Fi password?” Normani asks.

“Alexis” he also says.

“It says incorrect password!” she groans.

“No stupid, Alexis is here” Daniel chuckles and turns his sister's head toward her direction.

Normani instantly puts her phone away and squeals all the way to hug Alexis.

“Well you're so grown up, Mani” Alexis smiles.

Renee, Daniel, and their parents all move over to hug her.

“Wait, what are you even doing here?” Renee asks.

“Oh, I see you've met the architect in charge of the remodeling” my brother says joining in.

She's what?

“You're remodeling the castle?” I ask.

Her eyes move to my face and she just stares for a minute before blinking.