Chapter 30

Jonas Brothers - What A Man Gotta Do

I've been jamming to this song for a while now 😁

Enjoy 💕

Alexis' POV

I look around the room.

“How exactly is this supposed to help me forget that a werewolf tried to eat me today?” I whisper to Max, leaning to the side.

“Mia's idea” he responds. “So you should ask her instead”.

I sit up straight, legs still crossed beneath me.

“Mia? What are we doing?” I ask.

She looks up from her phone.

“I told you. Eric's aunt has offered to teach us all we need to know about the Hindu wedding ceremony”.

“Are you a 100% sure you...”.

“I want this Max. Just shush. She's coming”.

We look over to the stairs and a woman in a colorful sari is walking towards us. The house was amazing. The interior was just breathtaking.

Good thing I brought my camera.

But no chairs?

What are we in the 5th century?

I think there were chairs in the 5th century. I smile as the woman says something looking at me.

“Yeah, she's our little sister” Mia says. “Alexis, this is aunt Disha”.

“Hi” I greet.

The lady looks at me and frowns.

“I don't smell wolf on her. Do you have your little witch person doing a cloaking spell on her?” the woman asks.

“Who Nizora?” Mia asks with a frown. “Of course...”.

“Yes!” Max cuts in. “She's done a cloaking spell on her. She's delicate” he says, taking my shoulders.

Mia shoots him a look.

“Shall we begin?” Max asks.

“Oh of course. We'll start with the greetings” aunt Disha says taking a seat on the floor cushions and curling her legs beneath her. “A very essential one at that”.

“What; namaste?” Max chuckles.

“I think we're past level one” I add.

Aunt Disha arches her brows in surprise and smiles.

“Our grandmother Ava is a huge Bollywood fan. When we'd visit, she'd make us watch pure Bollywood series with no translation” Mia laughs.

“Oh so she speaks Hindu?”.

“No” we chorus and laugh.

“Okay then. We'll skip the greetings. From the Bollywood movies I'm guessing you know that guests are to wear the traditional Indian clothes; saris or lenghas for women and long-sleeved tunics and pants for men”.

“Aunt Disha, I'm inviting some of my model friends. I don't think they'll...”.

“That's not a problem, my child. Just remember that women should have their shoulders, legs, and occasionally arms covered. Men should wear long sleeves and long pants. And everybody needs to bring something to cover their heads during the ceremony”.