Chapter 2

☆ Noah's POV

“Did I hear right, Luna? Is the human's child the heir?”.

“Tania, not now. Go get my sister” I hear Leilani say as she comes after me.

“But Luna...”.

“Now!” she barks at her lady-in-waiting.

I take a seat behind my desk.

“Noah, what's going to happen to me when she comes back?” she asks.

“Leilani, could you not? I'm not in the mood for this” I sigh.

“Are you going to make her Luna? If she truly a werewolf now, that's the right thing you'll do, isn't it?”.

“I said I'm not in...”.

“And your bond?” she continues to ask. “What are you going to do about the...”.

“Leilani!” I bark, slamming my fist angrily on my desk. “I said enough!”.

The terror on her face as she looks at me suddenly gets hidden when we both smell Makani heading toward my office.

“You sent for me, Lani?” she asks, coming in with Marcus following.

Leilani doesn't respond.

“Alpha Noah, I've alerted the trackers to begin the search” Marcus tells me.

I nod.

“Shouldn't we send Makani to go find her instead? She did a great job last time” Leilani finally speaks up.

I look at her.

“It's been seven whole years after that. We can't just charge up on her like that” Marcus says. “She might run”.

“Oh, she will” I say. “And that's why we must be subtle. We'll send an official letter with my seal when we find her”.

I see Makani shrug.

“I can be subtle”.

Marcus gives her a look.

“You don't do subtle... you do aggressive”.

“I can make an exception” she says.

I shake my head.

“I'm not taking any chances” I tell them.

“So let my men and I help, Alpha Noah” Makani says. “The trackers are good but my men and I can cover up the other places she might be. We find her first, I call the trackers to take care of it”.

“I think Maki is on to something, Noah” Leilani says. “It'll help save time”.

“I'll have to agree, Alpha Noah. The more people help with the search, the better. Finding her and the child and bringing them back here as soon as possible is what we need” Marcus joins in.

I look at him and he nods.

“Fine” I sigh, putting my hands in my pockets. “Makani, go ahead”.

She nods.

“See you later, sis” she gives Leilani a hard pat on the back making her flinch a bit.

“And Makani?” I call out.

“Yes, Alpha Noah?” she turns and responds.

“Be careful”.

She gives me a lopsided grin.

“When am I not?”.

✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽