Chapter 3

Cassie's POV

I walk through the hallway. Everyone I meet stops to bow before me. I pass by Jace's study and his scent invades my nostrils, making me stop in my track. I chuckle and push through the door into the dark room.

He looks up at me and smiles.

"I was just leaving" Michael says with an amused look.

I smile as he passes by. I close the door and turn to Jace. He looked so worn out.

"What's going on?" I ask, walking around his desk.

"Work" he says and pushes his swivel chair back.

"C'mere" I whisper and pull myself on his lap. "Our pack's growing bigger and much more stronger. I know being the alpha is not easy...but I'll always be right beside you-".

"I know but...".

"Ssshhh!" I whisper. "That's what mates do" I say and give him a soft and passionate kiss.

He gladly kisses me back and I lean my forehead on his. I close my eyes and inhale his scent.

"You have no idea how much I missed you" he whispers and kisses me.

"I missed you too" I say against his lips.

"C'mon" he says and pulls me away to our room.

------------------------------------------------------------

☆ Alexis' POV

I groan and rub the sleep from my eyes.

"Good morning, sweetie".

I sit up and look at the person.

"Aunt Kirstie?" I ask.

She smiles.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, leaning back.

"Your mother asked me to get you".

I glance at the alarm clock on my bedside table.

8:15.

"Must be broken" I say.

"It's 10:30".

My eyes widen.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!" I scream and jump out of bed.

I squeeze some paste onto my toothbrush and rush back out. I grab some clothes and toss them on my bed.

Mom's going to kill me!

I rush back in the bathroom and wash my mouth. I jump in the shower and I'm out within a few minutes. I slip on my clothes and toss my hair in a messy bun. I slip one shoe on and grab the other and race downstairs.

I get to the entrance and see people exiting.

"Oh no" I whisper and push past them inside.

"Oh, Alexis?".