Chapter 12

☆ Noah's POV

I reach into my denim jean pocket, pulling out my phone.

Nothing.

"Why is she ignoring me?" I mutter.

I glance at my phone again and shake my head. Then I push through the crowd to try and get a quiet place.

"Noah, hey!" a voice calls out to me.

I turn and Felicity is looking at me with a raised brow.

"What are you doing here?! You look great!" she calls out loud enough for me to hear her over the distant music.

I chuckle lightly.

"I just came here for a drink! What are you doing here?!".

I watch her grin at me.

"Come on! We got a room!" she says.

We?

I follow her as she leads me into the said room. What I see is not something I'd expect to see so early in the night. And absolutely not from her.

There on a table stood Alexis in a skin-tight, backless, black dress that showed a little too much skin. She was dancing offbeat to the vibrating music outside of the room, alone, her blonde hair in complete disarray.

I try looking at her face, but she keeps swinging her head back and forth to the music, so it's hard to see her face.

"She does not like losing, if it's not obvious!" I hear Felicity say over the music.

I keep staring at her a little longer, trying to figure out if she was drunk again.

"Noah!" I hear someone call my name.

I look in the direction to see Yara. I walk over to meet her halfway, my eyes still on Alexis to make sure she didn't fall.

"Hey," I greet.

"It's so nice to see you," she says, smiling at me.

"Wait if you're here, who's watching Milton?" I ask.

"Malia. She said she wasn't well and I was going to stay back but then Queen Shannon offered to watch him so I could come with Alexis".

"And what exactly is going on?" I ask, pointing at Alexis.

Yara shrugs.

"She's been acting weird since she got back from the baby shower thingy. But she's always like this when she gets drunk, which is very rare because she doesn't drink".

I look at her.

"She's having fun, though," Felicity says, giving me a reassuring smile.

"Why aren't you guys dancing?! This is what clubs are for!" Alexis exclaims, grinning at us and then swirling around on the table.

She's definitely drunk.

She bends down, giving me, and probably everyone else, a nice view of her curvy rear end. She grabs Daniel and his sister by their hands, pulling them up onto their feet.

"Come on!" she yells.

Everyone laughs at her excitement, except me. I didn't like seeing her uncontrolled and wild. Then she drops to her hands and knees, crawling to the end of the table. My eyes widen.

Crap!

I watch as she leans down, grabs a glass of alcohol on the floor, and tosses it back in one swift motion. Then she purposefully drops the glass to the floor, causing it to shatter into pieces.