Chapter 21

Alexis' POV

“Alexis...”.

The sun's rays makes me squint. I turn around and see him. In my attempt to turn back he grabs my wrist and the very familiar tingles shoot up my arm and through the rest of my body.

Oh how I'd missed this.

“Please don't do” he whispers in my ear.

I hold back a breath.

“You think abandoning me when I needed you and showing up unannounced is going to make me forget you left?”.

He spins me around and slips an arm around my waist pulling me to him. He looks down at me and leans in.

“I'm sorry I left. I had to”.

I roll my eyes and look away but he slips a finger underneath my chin and tilts my head to face him.

“I'm here now”.

He dips me and leans in. I close my eyes and wait for contact.

“Ruth-Alma...”.

I feel myself frown shortly before something wet comes into contact with my entire body. I scream and the next thing I come into contact with is the ground.

I groan.

“Ugh! About time! Thanks Pop”.

I sit up and glare up at her.

“What the hell Rae?!”.

“You don't scare me” she tells me.

“Well she do scare me” Poppy squeaks jumping out of the way with the now empty jug.

I groan at my wet bed.

“Ha! You're a bed wetter” Poppy giggles.

“Bed wetting is a serious problem Poppy. Don't laugh. And couldn't you wake me up like normal people?! How'd you get into my house anyway? I changed my lock”.

“One question at a time couz”.

I groan.

“Start talking before I scratch both your eyes out”.

Poppy squeals as I try to grab her.

“For starters, you've got no door now. And second, we tried to wake you up like normal people but you wouldn't wake up so... yeah”.

“Wait, wait, what do you mean I have no door now? What did you two do...”.

I trail off as I hear a laugh coming from downstairs. I frown a get off the floor.

“Is that...”.

“Yeah, sorry Alexis” Poppy says softly.

I push my wet hair off my face and storm downstairs. I hear the girls come after me. Odin barks and I look up.

“Oh hey honey. You're finally awake. Why don't you sit for breakfast? The door repair guy is on his way to get your door fixed. Sit, sit”.

I look over my shoulder at the front door when suddenly he comes through the very broken door. I quickly replace my stunned expression with an angry one.

“Hey Alexandra, I...”.

“What on earth are you doing here again? I thought I made it very clear to you last night not to come anywhere close to me”.

“Hey, hey, hey! That's no way to talk to your guest” aunt Cass cuts in before anything else is said. “We raised you better than that”.

I frown. She pushes past me and smiles at him.