Chapter 4

^^^Colton^^^

Alexis' POV

He keeps on appearing in my head every time I close my eyes. I haven't been sleeping well for the past three days after what happened at the welcome party.

~Flashback~

My whole body shivered as I moved through the crowd.

“Hey!”.

I jump and clutch my chest.

“You're a little jumpy” he says.

“What do you want Peter?” I ask and groan.

He stares at me.

“Are you okay? You've been acting very strange since this afternoon when you fell. Are you sure you don't want me to get the Alpha—”

“Peter, leave my parents out of this. I'm fine... really” I lie.

“Well okay, if you insist” he says and smiles at me. “Well, I've gotta look for Max. Maybe the Prince will keep you company” he says looking over my head.

“Wait what...?”.

He was gone. I turn and see him walking towards me. I quickly turn away and make my way through the crowd to the back of the pantry, reciting that prayer mom taught me when I was 2.

I smile at the chef and push myself through the little swingy door. I close the door and sigh.

“He'll never find me here” I say and close my eyes.

“I wouldn't bet on that” I hear him say from behind me.

I turn and he smirks at me. He moves up to me.

“Stay where you are... or else I'll scream” I threaten.

“I don't think you understand what makes me... me” he says, walking closer. “You look gorgeous when you're mad. I like it...”.

I frown and look up at him. He stares down at me with a smirk.

"...feisty" he finishes and moves closer.

I step back and hit a wall. He leans into me and puts his forehead on mine. I shut my eyes and recite the prayer silently... mixing the words up.

"Aww, aren't you cute" he breathes on my face.

The sparks shoot through my body, releasing the butterflies in my stomach as my panties began to feel moist. My inner wolf whimpers.

"I'd kiss you...then bang you, but I have my restrictions".

I open my eyes and try to push him off me. He chuckles.

"We both know how much you're dying to kiss me" he whispers.

I give him a death glare and push him away.

"Go to hell Colton!".

~End of Flashback~

I roll my eyes and a sharp pain shoots through my finger right into my head making me drop the knife.

“Alexis!” aunt Abigail cries and takes my hand.

“It's okay... it's only a tiny cut. I'm fine”.

“No you're not… I'm such a terrible aunt”.

“Of course not! Don't say that” I say and hug her.